Storage

liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Storage

Post by liquid »

Curious where an how people store. Indoor? Outdoor? Shrink Wrap? Climate controlled?

Chime in.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Storage

Post by jhnmdahl »

I store indoors, with no wrap but with a mooring cover in place. I've looked at wrap, but I can't keep the boat on my city lot (HOA rules), so would still need to find and pay for a place to put it. It really comes down to cost for me, but the cost to put it inside over winter isn't any more here (MN) than having it wrapped and paying to have it sit outside somewhere. Now if I had a bigger lot, and no HOA...

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Finally bought insulation to finish off the garage ceiling. I got 225sq ft done out of the 1000 today.I'm getting too old for this stuff. Can't wait to see what difference it makes. Just starting with r19 easy enough to add r11 on top of it if needed. The walls have been done for the years and the garage always stayed 15 degrees warmer than outside before. The bad part is the rolls don't fit in the hole to get into the ceiling. Just trying to keep the old girl warm this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
lilhackster
Commander
Commander

Post by lilhackster »

cleaned up and getting ready to pull in storage, this was October 20. i keep it in side and they maintain temp to 55, the cost is not that much more if it was outside if you take in account that i do not need to winterize, or drain anything that could freeze, or no wrap. plus I can work on it all winter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Very nice. I moved my black one to another inside storage unit. Not very happy is not at home. Mello yellow took its place in the garage so i can work on it. I got all the insulation done in the ceiling. It's stays about 30 degrees warmer than outside. Working on a heater next.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

I hate dropping her off for the winter. Feel like there should be a sarah mclachlan song or something playing.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's funny right there.^
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

;)
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
TwoBurgers
Commander
Commander

Post by TwoBurgers »

I have stored mine outside for the past three years. Besides normal winterization, I remove and clean the carpets, clean the boat and treat all vinyl with 303, crack or open all compartments, and plug in a marine anti-moisture mini heater. I have a Cobalt boat cover that does a good job of keeping most debris and moisture out.
I am building a office/warehouse this summer, so all the toys will have a nice warmish and dry home going forward.
'13 Cobalt 232 - Merc 350 Mag MPI - B3 w/ Simrek drive shower
'17 Yamaha GP 1800 - Riva S/C Intake and Stage 1 plus re-flash
'07 Honda F-12X GPScape - MACSBoost module and IC
'13 Toyota 4Runner Limited - AirLift air bags
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

TwoBurgers wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:12 am I have stored mine outside for the past three years. Besides normal winterization, I remove and clean the carpets, clean the boat and treat all vinyl with 303, crack or open all compartments, and plug in a marine anti-moisture mini heater. I have a Cobalt boat cover that does a good job of keeping most debris and moisture out.
I am building a office/warehouse this summer, so all the toys will have a nice warmish and dry home going forward.
how did your warehouse project go this summer? Any pics?
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

No wrap... Just a cover in our storage shed... Stays dry and relatively clean. She's been winterized just need to get back to the lake to clean her up after a fun season!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I put bounce dryer sheets everywhere inside and out. Keeps the little furry guys out like Oscar.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:17 pm I put bounce dryer sheets everywhere inside and out. Keeps the little furry guys out like Oscar.
Just started another post trying to figure out the dryer sheets. Thanks for helping me get the picture. Makes sense with them looking for a warm spot in the winter.

It likely would take a pretty big stick and maybe a lot of persuasion to get Oscar out!!
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Leave mine in the slip on the boat lift with the mooring cover on. Water temp stays about 60 deg in the winter and I have it winterized when summer is over. Thinking early December this year.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Driller wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:02 pm Leave mine in the slip on the boat lift with the mooring cover on. Water temp stays about 60 deg in the winter and I have it winterized when summer is over. Thinking early December this year.
I see so many used boats from Texas with new engines in them. I can't believe that so many people don't winterize down there. It gets cold. I got a bilge heater from one of my boats from Texas. They relied just on that. No way not me.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!