Here's a review of the 27' pontoon

(190 through 360)
kettcb
Ensign
Ensign

Here's a review of the 27' pontoon

Post by kettcb »

$100k for a pontoon isn't my cup of tea, but it must be for some. With video: http://www.boatingmag.com/marker-one-pl ... series-m27
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Here's a review of the 27' pontoon

Post by jhnmdahl »

It looks like a Cobalt inside, but the exterior needs a little work in my opinion. From the exterior,it looks a little like someone dropped a plastic shell over a pontoon and multiplied the price by four...
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
kettcb
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kettcb »

I think it looks fine from the side until you get down to the pontoons, where it sort of looks like a paddleboat shell dropped over a regular pontoon. I'm sure they will fine-tune it as they get customer feedback, but I agree it looks a lot better on the inside than the outside.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

I crawled around one of these at the local boat show (they had a couple at the Cobalt Boats booth), and they are very Cobalt-like on the inside. View from the side still has a sort of half-and-half look, though, but I suppose if you're in the boat you don't care so much.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

I do like the M series (as opposed to the ML series) in part because the sides swoop down to a functional near-water step platform, rather than looking like a plain square fiberglass top simply dropped on a square pontoon deck. I suspect the future will hold more contouring around the pontoons to provide enhanced functionality or styling, distinguishing these from traditional pontoons (that are a fraction of the price).
M25index-M2515_4005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.