What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Big Block Power »

A few more.the Led was just a hair to small so I had to use a stainless steel shim to help hold it in.looks perfect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This boat needed a head unit upgrade and speaker upgrade. I hate those factory Sony speakers. I don't go crazy with the stereo as my wife is a sound fudd. Went with the same head unit as I put in the last boat.liked it as it had great features on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

Now all you need is a free air bass.
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

BBlock are those LED lights a spot and a flood? I noticed they are not just alike. Did you get them on Amazon?
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

They are mr16 the one on the right is what was in the box. I can't say for sure if they are spot or flood.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Jsherhart
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jsherhart »

Damn you Big Block - now that you have essentially the same boat (albeit with 100 extra ponies), I will have no choice but to follow your upgrades starting with LEDs ;-)

Boat looks to be in exceptional shape for a 2003. I thought mine was clean for a 2005. Crazy how similar that is to mine right down to the pinstriping on the trailer. I was the same way on solid color - had to have it. Think it adds a premium look to an already great looking boat. You will love the tower. I was kind of "meh" on it, but it really makes it easy to get in and out and move around the boat not to mention the upgrade in looks.

Jim
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sorry Jim. It's a expensive hobby. Lol the boat is the cheap part. So far I have to say I love the boat. I was going to add the red boot stripe but I think I'm going to leave it alone. The boat had been in a garage it's whole life but the last month of its life at the dealer. It was very dirty and the dealer didn't want to take my other 220 in trade he would have owed me money.lol. I spent about 10 hours cleaning her up but it is awesome now and it looks like new. I had a blue 200 about 3 boats ago.loved the solid hull. Well another upgrade came in the mail today but I won't be able to try it out till next year. Hill Marine signature props. The water is down and I'm running the river tomorrow and then she is getting parked to go to sleep for a few months. Sad day!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A few more. Jim if you are looking for a bow filler cushion I have one extra? I posted it in the ad section. That was my 2004 200.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

BBlock did you change just the bulbs or the entire housing on your docking lights? We do a lot of night rides and I'm wanting to switch to LEDs, but I'd rather just change the bulbs if I can get away with it.
"Black Boats Matter"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes I just changed the bulbs. I bought the whole docking light set up for my last boat but never put them on and saved the led bulbs for this boat. They are a little tricky to put in but can be done from the outside. Remove the outside chrome cover and remove only one of the 3 springs holding in the bulb. But I had to buy a stainless steel shim for these bulbs as they were a few mm too small. It worked perfectly. I would have to look long and hard for the shims I bought. I had to grind those down a bit also to make them work also.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Good deal, and thanks for the info! I'll be making this change. I'm going to change all the interior bulbs too.
"Black Boats Matter"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think you can change the courtesy ones with led 194 bulbs. Make sure they are very short or the lens cover will hit the ends of them. I just got my white strip leds in for the storage compartments behind the bow back rest storage. Don't replace the ip panel bulbs with led it causes the guage not too work because it messes up the ground loop. It back feeds. I also changed the glove box light over to led. There might be a bulb under the helm. It's odd my last 2003 had it and this 2003 doesn't?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

BB how often do you run with the LEDs or turn them on? My winter project is new sound system and I'm wondering whether or not it's worth the extra money and time to run more wiring for the lighting. If I'm basically just going to be turning it on to show people and take pictures it's not worth the trouble to me.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I don't run at night. If I lived on the lake I would.so I really turn then on to show them or garage boating.lol
Really it didn't take much to wire them in. I tapped into all the courtesy lights or the dome light in the glove box. Really took me a few hours that I rather spend in the garage then watching tv. I soldered everything.you could do it in a hour if you do it cheap. Really didn't have to add much wire at all. It's the cool factor go for it. I add the white/yellow plastic cup holders so switching to led ss made sense. I have maybe $150 in all my lights? Give or take.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Hmm big decisions. Armchair boating is tough!