Boat Show Season

Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Boat Show Season

Post by Tuscany »

Thanks guys.
It took me a long time to actually pull the trigger. The thing MSRPS at 153,500, and I'm still having a problem spending that kind of change on a toy. But hey, were debt free and were coming into it with most of it paid. We're discounted in the mid 30's which is more than fair. Still, dear god....
I guess when a person is spending this much, you might as well equip it right. The R5 can save a person about 13K, but the bow is much smaller/shorter for long legged people and the rear portion is not set up to be comfortable stitting around a dinette.

I found this boat, which is the exact same color scheme, equipped similar inside and out, except for the sports arch (EZ fold Bimini) and the windlass. Same helm with wood, dock lights, SS foot tread, dinette, electric toilet. Our sink isn't in the head, but rather in the cockpit. Premium stereo, dual batts and charger port. Trim tabs, filler cushion in the bow, LED interior and platform lights with remote, sea grass and a few more goodies.
VP 380 power.
Trailer is coming from Loadmaster of Ohio.

http://www.strongsmarine.com/siteconten ... facturer=6

Liquid, I keep it on the trailer. I'm too anal to leave it in a slip banging away. We use our boat as a day boat. Take it with, and bring it back home.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

Congratulations man. Beautiful boat. You will be thrilled. For a bowrider under 30 feet there isn't another brand that comes close in terms of fit and finish and quality.

We will expect lots of pictures once you get it running this summer.
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

We are pretty excited.
I can't think of a more perfect sized boat. Lots of room in the bow, and comfortable room for 6 around the dinette in the rear. The quality of the interior and the digital dash... pretty pumped here....

After walking on just about every brand at the Toronto boat show, nothing is styled better. The interior of a SeaRay, Regal and even Formula just looks totally second class, and far behind Cobalt. And really, knocking that kind of percentage off makes the coming depreciation less hard to take.
Why people buy late model used is beyond me..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine