Different Graphics

proptwister
Ensign
Ensign

Different Graphics

Post by proptwister »

Changed my graphics up a bit. The one thing I did not get on our R7 was the recessed graphic. While the raised "COBALT" lettering is a classic and looks great, I didn't like how they would tend to snag on the fenders and it's almost impossible to keep the space between the raised letters spot-free and waxed properly.

So I had a local sign shop help me design and install a different font. Removed the R7 from the stern and combined it on the side. (Removed all the warning stickers off as well) Also added a matching red pin stripe to the top of the Ice Blue. Almost have to look for it but I think it adds a bit of color and ties everything together nicely.

What do you think? Sorry, they are just crappy cell phone pics on one of the rare sunny days we've had around here lately. Glare is kinda bad on the outdoor ones. The ones in the shop look better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 R7 Volvo 380 DP
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Different Graphics

Post by Big Block Power »

I like it. Looks sharp. You match it up level to the bottom stripes?
I like knowing the model from the side.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

I alao like it. A costom job well thought out and done nicely. Sharp! Hiwever I like the Cobalt fint and the factory so will be waxing with cotton swabs! And I see you transom light are place well outside of where mine are. I have the premium sound system add but without the rear speakers and my lights are closer together. So I am having to move them to install the 2 rear speakers. Curious why they would be in diff places even though mine is R5.
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

They have tinkered with the sound system quite a bit the past few years. He has the newest set up with JL audio so probably for ease of wiring or drilling holes.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I thought about adding something like this to my boat. I love my plain black just not sure what to do. I really loved the red or Gray boot stripe but I.love just the white hull no boot stripe. Tough decisions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
proptwister
Ensign
Ensign

Post by proptwister »

Trust me. I fretted over it for several weeks before I decided to go with it. I tried to center it vertically between the bottom stripe and the arch yet follow the lines of the arch. So compared to the stock location, its slightly higher and forward. I'm kinda OCD about things being symmetrical so it was a struggle to find a combination I could live with!

The red stripe on the bottom sits just above the factory Ice Blue boot stripe and matches the red in the "R7". I really struggled with this one. But it really helped tie everything together and I'm happy with the end results.
2016 R7 Volvo 380 DP
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I'm a guy who doesn't interfere or replace stock designs.
Having said that, your design is something that could be very well adopted by Cobalt.
Looks modern and classy. I like it a lot..

Like you, I'll be removing the ugly warning stickers on the stern.
Now, I have to figure out how to get our boat name to fit between the speakers...
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
AL Boater
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AL Boater »

Nice design, boat looks great.
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

proptwister wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 pm Trust me. I fretted over it for several weeks before I decided to go with it. I tried to center it vertically between the bottom stripe and the arch yet follow the lines of the arch. So compared to the stock location, its slightly higher and forward. I'm kinda OCD about things being symmetrical so it was a struggle to find a combination I could live with!

The red stripe on the bottom sits just above the factory Ice Blue boot stripe and matches the red in the "R7". I really struggled with this one. But it really helped tie everything together and I'm happy with the end results.
This. I would've had to move out of the house if I ever decided to do something like this. I would've tossed and turned. My wife would have left me.

I haven't put the name of our boat on going into it's third season because i can't decide on font.

Looks great.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I just use cobalt font. I keep it all the same. Reg numbers and name.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I'm digging the red accent! Beautiful boat!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
proptwister
Ensign
Ensign

Post by proptwister »

liquid wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm
proptwister wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 pm Trust me. I fretted over it for several weeks before I decided to go with it. I tried to center it vertically between the bottom stripe and the arch yet follow the lines of the arch. So compared to the stock location, its slightly higher and forward. I'm kinda OCD about things being symmetrical so it was a struggle to find a combination I could live with!

This. I would've had to move out of the house if I ever decided to do something like this. I would've tossed and turned. My wife would have left me.

I haven't put the name of our boat on going into it's third season because i can't decide on font.

Looks great.
Trust me. The concept of changing my $$$$$ boat scared the crap out of me!
2016 R7 Volvo 380 DP
proptwister
Ensign
Ensign

Post by proptwister »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 pm I'm digging the red accent! Beautiful boat!
Thanks! I think the small red stripe ties it all together nicely.

I too think you'll have to look long and hard to find a better looking boat than a Cobalt.
2016 R7 Volvo 380 DP
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ytmsn wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 pm I'm digging the red accent! Beautiful boat!

Geee I wonder why :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 pm I just use cobalt font. I keep it all the same. Reg numbers and name.
Stop trying to make things simple for me BB.

The name has a Q in it and i want to do some kind of scriptish font but I don't want that goofy 2 looking Q. I also don't know where I want to put it... I think I want it on one side rather than in the center.

I'll be happy with it once i decide but ultimately I'll deliberate how I could've done it better.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL