Got my new CS1 today!

notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Re: Got my new CS1 today!

Post by notstock4long »

Ytmsn wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:01 am That's badtothabone Notstock.
It's very interesting to see how it all comes together. And that's your boat on the water? I just wonder if that's a final test run or if they take the lid back off for more tweaking? Either way it's fascinating to see the time line and what they can do in a week or so.

And I wonder what the guy is doing on his laptop? Is there a port under the dash?
That was my actual boat on whatever lake is near Neodesha, KS. The dealer told me they normally only test twin engine boats on the lake. The rest just get dunked in Cobalt's test pool. But, they wanted to make sure this one wouldn't catch fire like the last one, so it got some special treatment.

Once difference I noticed is that they moved the EVC display. On the first boat it was in place of the little cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel. Not it's all the way on the side near the throttle. I wonder if the original location led to the pinched wire/fire issue.

I think he just has a clipboard, and not a computer.
2018 Cobalt CS22
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

Alaskabound wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 am Notstock, do you know if the Bimini on your new cs22 is the EZ fold Bimini? It's a different design than mine. I had never heard of that until Tuscany mentioned it.

Dub
The bimini on the first boat seemed really easy to work, so Im guessing it was the EZ fold. I'm not sure about this one yet. I would think they would have used the bimini from the first boat, so it should be the same. It'll be here in a couple hours though, so I'll let you know.
2018 Cobalt CS22
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I would be interesting to see the serial number HIN number sorry on this boat. If it's number 1 and a anniversary boat I would not put it in the water I would store it away. It could be the first Cobu made :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm I would be interesting to see the serial number HIN number sorry on this boat. If it's number 1 and a anniversary boat I would not put it in the water I would store it away. It could be the first Cobu made :-)
HIN is FGEC2004F718

I believe the FGE is the code used for Cobalt being the manufacturer, and the F718 means it is a 2018 made in June of 2017. So that leaves C2004. I'm not sure how to decipher that part of it.
2018 Cobalt CS22
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Your right. I was thinking like a car the last numbers are in order of how there built.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm I would be interesting to see the serial number HIN number sorry on this boat. If it's number 1 and a anniversary boat I would not put it in the water I would store it away. It could be the first Cobu made :-)
Well that's an awful conundrum!

Here's your boat - btw don't put it in the water because it's special... really special. It's the first ever and only of it's kind.
so... would you also like to purchase a less special boat made exactly the same way?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

liquid wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:17 pm
Well that's an awful conundrum!

Here's your boat - btw don't put it in the water because it's special... really special. It's the first ever and only of it's kind.
so... would you also like to purchase a less special boat made exactly the same way?
Haha, yeah. I'm not to worried about it....I figure the 50th anniversary fact alone should bump resale up a hair. We have had it for two weekends, and it already needs to go in for the 20 hour service, so I'm definitely not planning to not use it.
2018 Cobalt CS22
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

IMO, In the end when you are ready to trade, it will be appraised as a 2018 Cobalt. The anniversary thing won't help, especially since Cobalt isn't glossing it up with custom badging or special gel colors or boot stripes signifying their anniversary.
Condition, hours and options will determine value.
So drop it in the water and enjoy it like any other boat.

I missed the 2017 cut off by a couple of weeks..
Last edited by Tuscany on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's awesome. Pictures :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Tuscany wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:55 pm IMO, In the end when you are ready to trade, it will be appraised as a 2018 Cobalt. The anniversary thing won't help, especially since Cobalt isn't glossing it up with custom badging or gel colors signifying it,
So drop it in the water and enjoy it!

You never know with your luck it could have got stamped a 2018. Better check the hin.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:56 pm That's awesome. Pictures :-)
Yeah, pictures or it's not real.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:57 pm
Tuscany wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:55 pm IMO, In the end when you are ready to trade, it will be appraised as a 2018 Cobalt. The anniversary thing won't help, especially since Cobalt isn't glossing it up with custom badging or gel colors signifying it,
So drop it in the water and enjoy it!

You never know with your luck it could have got stamped a 2018. Better check the hin.
Haha, I wish. Maybe I'm out of wishes here with Cobalt. :D :D
I think it was serialized back in May while stuck in the middle of the build crunch back up.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

Tuscany wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:55 pm IMO, In the end when you are ready to trade, it will be appraised as a 2018 Cobalt. The anniversary thing won't help, especially since Cobalt isn't glossing it up with custom badging or special gel colors or boot stripes signifying their anniversary.
So drop it in the water and enjoy it like any other boat.

Yeah. I'm sure it won't help much. It does have a 50th badge, but I passed on the sunset orange special edition gel coat color they'll be doing for these.

Here's a photo of the rear showing the badge:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 Cobalt CS22
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

Here are a few more pics. I'd like to take some more while it's all nice and new but haven't got around to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 Cobalt CS22
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That sure is purdy. Glad it worked out for you.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!