Hello from Toronto

Alaskabound
Captain
Captain

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Alaskabound »

Liquid, sorry missed your question. It has a USB imput & single plug imput that works for the MP3 player. Don't think it has any output jacks.

Dub
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

For any easy conversion of an older radio to Bluetooth check out a $15 device on amazon called an MPOW. Plugs into front aux jack and pairs to hourly phone. So from captains chair u can control vol and music with your phone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
ColinC
Captain
Captain

Post by ColinC »

Thanks for the insight gents! Particularly the detail on how to repair / replace the rusty wires on the bimini. May go with the MPOW bluetooth solution too.

Here's a pic with the red bimini opened up. Will try to get more / better shots this weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Cobalt 212 with 5.7L Volvo gi
Toronto, Canada
Cobaltordie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cobaltordie »

ColinC wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:06 am Thanks for the insight gents! Particularly the detail on how to repair / replace the rusty wires on the bimini. May go with the MPOW bluetooth solution too.

Here's a pic with the red bimini opened up. Will try to get more / better shots this weekend.
That is a pretty boat! I have a yellow boot stripe. Not sure a yellow bimini would look as good as your red one. I don't think mine was ever used.
Still looks brand new.

Where in Toronto do you live? I have good friends who live in Oakville and your pic looks very familiar to the river/creek they live on (Sixteen Mile Creek). Same sort of slope from their house down to their lower yard and dock. Was just there at the end of June. Lot's of flooding still at the marina. Their lower yard was underwater for awhile. Old timers say it hasn't flooded like that in 60 years.
My name is Dan
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.... but at least I'm a tool
2006 Cobalt 220S Vulva Pentup 8.1Gi
ColinC
Captain
Captain

Post by ColinC »

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the compliment. Love your 220 too -- navy and yellow is a great combo.

Home is just north of the city in Richmond Hill. Your friends in Oakville are to the west side of the city. Great suburb and nice to be on the water at Sixteen Mile Creek. Yes, the water levels are high this year. Too much damn rain. Seems like we can't go 48 hours without rain and dark skies this summer.

My boat is parked on Lake Muskoka, which is part of a large three lake system that is about two hours to the north. Fantastic freshwater boating, but the season is short -- mid-May to mid-October.
2007 Cobalt 212 with 5.7L Volvo gi
Toronto, Canada
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I like that top Colin. That really sets it off
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

Nice Colin! Good list as well!
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:59 pm and BB - Congratulations also in order for our new "Fleet Admiral"! ... 1000+ posts and counting... all at night and during lunch and on vacation. Keep 'em coming pal, here's to several thousand more.

Thanks just noticed this post. I have no life that's it. Actually love talking to all you fellow boaters :-)

I forgot B fixed his cables. Those look awesome. Good job.
[/quote]

I actually really enjoy it too.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Alaskabound wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:11 am Liquid, sorry missed your question. It has a USB imput & single plug imput that works for the MP3 player. Don't think it has any output jacks.

Dub
the MP3 player spot is the Headphone jack, or AUX. I just plug in my phone and rip Pandora or Spotify all day. Head unit doesn't mean too much to me at this point as it's just a conduit at this point. Getting the Iphone7 complicated things as it comes with that adapter. You'd be surprised how pissed your wife gets when you ask - "have you seen my Dongle?' for the 100th time.

I don't think it's called a dongle but I like calling it that and everyone knows what I mean when I do.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

ajcampen wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:20 am For any easy conversion of an older radio to Bluetooth check out a $15 device on amazon called an MPOW. Plugs into front aux jack and pairs to hourly phone. So from captains chair u can control vol and music with your phone
Now this is cool. Might check it out. Doesn't really matter with my setup as my phone holder is right underneath the head unit but it would limit me fidgeting with my dongle all the time. See above.

:lol:
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey that MPOW works great. Have one for an older car radio as well as for my headset while flying. Connects & streams music effortlessly! Love when technology makes our life easier. Kind of a love hate relationship.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

liquid wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:21 pm
ajcampen wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:20 am For any easy conversion of an older radio to Bluetooth check out a $15 device on amazon called an MPOW. Plugs into front aux jack and pairs to hourly phone. So from captains chair u can control vol and music with your phone
Now this is cool. Might check it out. Doesn't really matter with my setup as my phone holder is right underneath the head unit but it would limit me fidgeting with my dongle all the time. See above.

:lol:
Best $15 bucks you'll spend. Range all over boat and no dongle confusion
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

on it.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Bobo87 »

Apparent the small two pins that brace my Bimini top on the back are missing the smaller pins. Anyone know where I can get some? Not even sure what you call them. Attached photos show where they go and what I think they look like. The regular pins don’t fit so it is something smaller.
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Bobo87 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 pm Apparent the small two pins that brace my Bimini top on the back are missing the smaller pins. Anyone know where I can get some? Not even sure what you call them. Attached photos show where they go and what I think they look like. The regular pins don’t fit so it is something smaller.

Something like these 1/4” push-pull pins sold at Great Lakes skipper.?....

https://greatlakesskipper.com/cobalt-46 ... nyard-pair

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)