Shouldn't be necessary, and isn't for almost all users, but a few forum rules are in order to help things run smoothly:
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to flag the post to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such problems yourself, and start a flame war.
3. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
4. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
5. Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
6. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic, and post to the most relevant forum. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got a problem!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Looking for opinions on differences between 210 and 220", "Cannot start engine after winter", etc.
7. We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation, to remove any post for any reason, including determining the post is spam. Spam is not tolerated here, including offering or promoting anything unrelated to general boating interest. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
8. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
9. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
10. Signatures - users are asked to keep signatures modest in size, using a few lines of text or small, simple images. Content in signatures should be consistent with normal writing and abide by the general forum etiquette. You may not include hidden text or links, and you may not link to warez, pornographic, racist or other similar extremist sites. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected. Animated images are not permitted.
We may update, amend, or modify the rules at any time, and expect to do so as needed.
1 post • Page 1 of 1