Upholstery in Phoenix area?

(AZ, NM, NV, TX, UT)
RAGS209
Ensign
Ensign

Upholstery in Phoenix area?

Post by RAGS209 »

I am restoring a 1973 Cobalt Tri-Hull 18' that is already in good condition. I plan to replace the driver and passenger seats with something close to original and also re-upholster all of the boat. Will also replace the carpet. Does anyone recommend anyone or shop in the Phoenix area (East side preferably).
1973 Cobalt 18' Tri-Hull
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Upholstery in Phoenix area?

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey R209...I can’t help you with your question but there are some others in that area who will chime in.

Hopefully we can see some pics of your restoration.
Is this your first Cobalt?

So glad you found us. Welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
RAGS209
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RAGS209 »

Thanks for the response AsLan7.

My father is the original owner and has passed the boat on to myself and my brother. It hasn't been run in 12 years. I put in a temporary battery and connected it to the hose and it fired right up and sounds great. Goal is to restore it as close to original and take him out on it again. He is up there in years so not a project he want's to take on.

366 original hours (probably half of which are sitting on the water listening to MLB games/fishing with only ignition on)

Plan is to replace all electrical as much of the wiring has cracked sheathing. Replace fraying steering cable. Replace petcock valves on engine. Engine runs great but needs full service along with the out-drive. Replace upholstery throughout. Check and fix any possible systems issues. Fix any aesthetic / gel-coat blemishes. Add bimini that covers most/all of the boat. A few other minor items that might need attention etc... Replace trailer. Get it on the water. Any advice is welcome.

Also, if anyone knows of a good marine electrician in the Phoenix area I'm looking into that also. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1973 Cobalt 18' Tri-Hull
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Looks great the way it is. I don't know unless there are rips in the seats I wouldn't change them.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Yes very unique upholstery Rags209. Keep the pics comin'. You'll have followers here for sure.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Titaniumboy »

Your fathers Cobalt looks fantastic. You have to have won the record for having the oldest Cobalt on the forum. I just did a quick check on BoatTrader and the oldest Cobalt on there is from 1981.

Any updates (and pictures) of the restoration?
2007 Cobalt 240 with Merc 496 MAG Bravo 3
1977 18’ Beachcraft with Ford 302 V8 OMC 190
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA