1973 Sea Nymph Restoration

DeadOn04
Commander
Commander

1973 Sea Nymph Restoration

Post by DeadOn04 »

Not Cobalt related but you guys might get a kick out of it. Spent the spring refurbishing a 1973 Sea Nymph 12’ aluminum boat with my son. This will primarily be his, but I admit it’s fun to zip around in.

I picked it up quite cheap off facebook marketplace and then got to work. Lots of sanding and wire brushing off years of old JB Weld and less than optimal home craftsmanship. Took everything down to bare metal. Used TotalBoat 2 part epoxy aluminum boat sealer on all the rivets, joints, and to fill holes left by previous owners mods. Once that was complete I coated the entire bottom of the boat with Gluvit epoxy sealer. Primed boat with TotalBoat two part 3:1 mix epoxy primer inside and out. Topped off with a gloss finish. Added a little black accent stripe and the rails. Was able to find some old sea Nymph logos and also added those. Rebuilt the transom with some leftover subfloor wood I had from a bathroom remodel that I sealed with leftover Gluvit then painted. Grabbed some “seadek” type material off Amazon for the seats.

Finished off with a 6 Hp Tohatsu outboard that moves it along quite nicely. It sits perfectly on a floating jet ski dock(also Facebook marketplace procured)and is super easy to pull on and off.

Was a really fun build and it’s blast to drive. Hopefully we will recover the refurb costs in fresh fish!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2012 Formula 310 FX5
2007 232 6.2L (SOLD)
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: 1973 Sea Nymph Restoration

Post by Big Block Power »

Too cool! Nice job
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)