Factory fridge model on 2012 302?

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
kep5niner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Factory fridge model on 2012 302?

Post by kep5niner »

CobaltDeadHead wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:10 am I'm just going to throw this thought out there, but I question the usefulness of a refrigerator on a day boat; especially given the small size and capacity.

I'm not trying to discourage your efforts, but it may end up being a fairly expensive investment for not much benefit.

Perhaps it's just my own boating routine though. We have a large soft sided cooler we pack up at home and just carry onto the boat at the marina and off we go. That cooler probably has greater capacity than the refrigerator. If I had a 302 or A28 or other model with that fridge space, I think I'd rather just keep that cubby without a fridge and as a space I could just easily slide my cooler into. We put it in or head compartment on our boat currently. That makes more sense to me vs taking the cooler I already packed at home and then unpacking it into the fridge on the boat.

But, everyone does things a little different, so it could just be me.
Have you been talking to my wife?!?! ; ) Actually, we enjoy taking longer day trips, find a nice quiet cove, often watching the sunset. My wife does a great job of planning ahead to prepare some pretty nice meals. On boats past, we’ve had always had a fridge and a grill like this https://magmaproducts.com/collections/ ... -gas-grill, and nothing beats a fresh steak or seafood hot off the grill, out on the hook somewhere. A fridge was key for those operations.
2012 Cobalt 302
T/5.7GXiC-320-R
"Crew Rest"
CobaltDeadHead
Captain
Captain

Post by CobaltDeadHead »

Maybe you need to take my wife and I boating and serve us a steak dinner and she'll want a bigger boat with a fridge and a grill.

Help a brother out
2005 Cobalt 24SX 350Mag
2010 Key West 186 DC - retired
Lake Winnipesaukee
kep5niner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kep5niner »

The struggle is real…
2012 Cobalt 302
T/5.7GXiC-320-R