Question about 50:1 mix while winterizing

sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Question about 50:1 mix while winterizing

Post by sailor55330 »

Guys-

My first "short term" winterization is coming up. In GA, my temps only get below freezing for 2-3 days and then for usually only a couple of hours. My plan is to do the normal drain and fill with anti-freeze as I have always done (except it won't be the -200f stuff). I missed the EZ drain by about 8 months.... I've even wondered if I shoudl mess with the antifreeze---I could just pull the hoses as that's all VP actually calls for.

Knowing that my boat will likely only be winterized for 90-ish days, do you think there is that much benefit from the fogging? I know I should do it, but really don't want to mess with it. It's not difficult, I'm just feeling lazy I guess today.
stifflkd
Captain
Captain

Re: Question about 50:1 mix while winterizing

Post by stifflkd »

If it will only be sitting for three months you may get by but I would definitely stabilize the gas. I use the Starbrite EZ-To-Start stabilizer. Claims to have a fogging additive as well (???). But it would not hurt to replace the fuel separator filter and add the 50:1 mix to it and let it run a few minutes. I think its a good practice to replace the filter annually anyway.
2021 R5 Shale/Ebony
VP 5.3L 350
"$TSLA"
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

stifflkd wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:08 am If it will only be sitting for three months you may get by but I would definitely stabilize the gas. I use the Starbrite EZ-T0-Start stabilizer. Claims to have a fogging additive as well (???). But it would not hurt to replace the fuel separator filter and add the 50:1 mix to it and let it run a few minutes. I think its a good practice to replace the filter annually anyway.
I always use non ethanol and stabilizer every single tank. I’m due for a fuel filter and oil change anyway so those are happening regardless. I’ll. Probably fog anyway

Thanks
drtbar
Commander
Commander

Post by drtbar »

Fogging is a waste of time for you. Getting the damn fuel line off was so hard for me, I would definitely skip if I could.
2022 R6
Mona Lake - Lake Michigan, Norton Shores, MI