Garmin 7607 R Series Displays - Video?

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
tfarmer
Commander
Commander

Re: Garmin 7607 R Series Displays - Video?

Post by tfarmer »

Looks like it’s supports the Garmin VIRB 360 camera via wireless connection as per this site https://www.gpscity.com/questions?qid=75339
Video would be stored on a SD card in the camera.
2021 R6 Surf, VP 380, Pacific Blue and Ebony.
(former) 2019 R5, Volvo 350, ebony hull w/pacific blue stripe.
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm So Bob....this has intrigued me. I wouldnt mind setting up a camera on my boat to connect to the 7607. From a little research it looks like it will only interact with Garmin cameras. Not a big deal.....I guess the question I'd have is how hard is it to connect the camera to the 7607? Mounting it on the tower under the bimini would be easy but not sure where you'd have to run the wires and how hard would that be?
Just buy it so we’ve got something to play around with
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

tfarmer wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 pm Looks like it’s supports the Garmin VIRB 360 camera via wireless connection as per this site https://www.gpscity.com/questions?qid=75339
Video would be stored on a SD card in the camera.
Huh...well that seems easy enough. Thanks!
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

tgrace98 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:00 am
Table Rockin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm So Bob....this has intrigued me. I wouldnt mind setting up a camera on my boat to connect to the 7607. From a little research it looks like it will only interact with Garmin cameras. Not a big deal.....I guess the question I'd have is how hard is it to connect the camera to the 7607? Mounting it on the tower under the bimini would be easy but not sure where you'd have to run the wires and how hard would that be?
Just buy it so we’ve got something to play around with
Im thinking about it. Maybe a xmas gift to myself 🤔
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

BobRae99 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:40 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:29 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm going to start boating /w you guys - Katie won't let me open ours. Think its literally been open twice since we have owned the boat, once when we got caught in a thunderstorm and nearly died - no joke - and the other when we had a 2 year old on the boat who was in the early stages of heat stroke.
Yikes! that is why I wanted the tower. So I can drive with the bimini deployed all the time. On my 262 it was October before I even knew how to fold the canvas in lol.
The dealer said I can leave the bimini deployed all season. The only negative is the bird crap that might land on it. I was thinking about fading (my boat sits in the water all season - which is 2-1/2 months), but I'm thinking it will just match the bow and tonneau covers.
We didn't even know how to close our bimini until a few weeks ago when we finally went out with our delivery captain.
We have enough surface on our boat for sun worshipers so I spent a lot of time in the shade.
Our delivery guy even suggested not closing ours in the winter time because of spiders. We're considering that since our slip is 32' long.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

Krob1114 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:55 am
BobRae99 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:40 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Yikes! that is why I wanted the tower. So I can drive with the bimini deployed all the time. On my 262 it was October before I even knew how to fold the canvas in lol.
The dealer said I can leave the bimini deployed all season. The only negative is the bird crap that might land on it. I was thinking about fading (my boat sits in the water all season - which is 2-1/2 months), but I'm thinking it will just match the bow and tonneau covers.
We didn't even know how to close our bimini until a few weeks ago when we finally went out with our delivery captain.
We have enough surface on our boat for sun worshipers so I spent a lot of time in the shade.
Our delivery guy even suggested not closing ours in the winter time because of spiders. We're considering that since our slip is 32' long.
My boat comes out of the water at the end of this week. I'll be taking the bimini off the bows and storing in my basement along with the carpets. No spiders for me. Sadly, the season is at an end (for us).
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
cvx16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cvx16 »

I recently bought a 2019 25SC with the dual Garmin's and was also thinking that having a Garmin action camera connected and live viewing on one of the screens would be a great rear-view "mirror" for tubers and skiers/boarders, while also recording the fun. Did anyone on this thread every get that working?

I think the Garmin action cams are all discontinued, but it might be worth picking up a used one if someone has proven this works (well). I was going to start a new thread on this topic, but then found this old thread. Hoping to hear back some positive results!
2019 Cobalt 25SC w/ 300hp Yamaha
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

cvx16 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:16 pm I recently bought a 2019 25SC with the dual Garmin's and was also thinking that having a Garmin action camera connected and live viewing on one of the screens would be a great rear-view "mirror" for tubers and skiers/boarders, while also recording the fun. Did anyone on this thread every get that working?

I think the Garmin action cams are all discontinued, but it might be worth picking up a used one if someone has proven this works (well). I was going to start a new thread on this topic, but then found this old thread. Hoping to hear back some positive results!
Thanks for coming out of the woodwork cvx16.

Officially,.....welcome aboard mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Elkhunter2372
Commander
Commander

Post by Elkhunter2372 »

cvx16 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:16 pm I recently bought a 2019 25SC with the dual Garmin's and was also thinking that having a Garmin action camera connected and live viewing on one of the screens would be a great rear-view "mirror" for tubers and skiers/boarders, while also recording the fun. Did anyone on this thread every get that working?

I looked into it and there are Garmin cameras still out there, but what I discovered in just playing with a GoPro suction cupped to the boat is that the camera is never at the "proper" angle for viewing....your hull is up, your hull is down, etc. so the GoPro recorded a lot of water but never the tuber or the wakeboarder. The Garmin would be a fixed view point as well so i didn't go any further with it. Perhaps a wide angle camera might do better but then video quality of the tuber or boarder might suffer?
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO

Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Elkhunter2372 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:56 pm

I looked into it and there are Garmin cameras still out there, but what I discovered in just playing with a GoPro suction cupped to the boat is that the camera is never at the "proper" angle for viewing....your hull is up, your hull is down, etc. so the GoPro recorded a lot of water but never the tuber or the wakeboarder. The Garmin would be a fixed view point as well so i didn't go any further with it. Perhaps a wide angle camera might do better but then video quality of the tuber or boarder might suffer?
I would think getting it mounted on the tower and the speed you go and set the angle to that might help?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!