Livorsi levers

(190 through 360)
Cruiser64
Commander
Commander

Livorsi levers

Post by Cruiser64 »

Has anyone replaced their standard single Volvo drive/ throttle handle with Livorsi levers? Is it fairly simple or should this be done by a professional? I like how you can keep the boat at idle and just going from forward to reverse, both my wife and daughter have problems with not giving it too much throttle in tight spots and I want them to be able drive the boat whenever they want. Thanks Cruiser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 262 w/8.1 GXi
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Livorsi levers

Post by bruceb58 »

Will be interesting to hear what people say. I had a boat once that had separate throttle and shift and I hated it. Our current boat has the electronic shift and I like it a lot once I got used to it.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Cruiser64
Commander
Commander

Post by Cruiser64 »

bruceb58 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:01 pm Will be interesting to hear what people say. I had a boat once that had separate throttle and shift and I hated it. Our current boat has the electronic shift and I like it a lot once I got used to it.
Please explain why you hated it.
2004 262 w/8.1 GXi
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

Cruiser64 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:52 pm
bruceb58 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:01 pm Will be interesting to hear what people say. I had a boat once that had separate throttle and shift and I hated it. Our current boat has the electronic shift and I like it a lot once I got used to it.
Please explain why you hated it.
If I was doing a maneuver in tight quarters where I needed to shift and apply throttle back and forth, you almost had to use two hands. It would be a bear at my dock at my house.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA