The Search for Perfect Boat Cover Support Pole.

(190 through 360)
SAB220
Captain
Captain

The Search for Perfect Boat Cover Support Pole.

Post by SAB220 »

I tried a half dozen of them. The best is is similar to below but the plastic is so brittle it cracks if they fall over. I need a wide base for stability and round radius type top as I crawl under the cover on the Mooring.

I'm not interested straps, or DIY systems for small boats, after a long day on the water. I want to set the mooring cover and go. I'm thinking of buying a million of these poles identified below and replace them as they crack. However, to fix the problem I was thinking of gluing a a wider circular wood or PVC base to the existing base in order for wood/PVC to take the shock. The top of the pole does not usually crack, Thanks

2004 220
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Search for Perfect Boat Cover Support Pole.

Post by Titaniumboy »

My boat came with a pair of Taco Marine T10-7979VEL2.5 telescoping support poles. They have a snap fitting at the end that fits into the snap fittings on the tonneau covers. I really haven’t experienced the poles falling over very often.

174F6220-4657-4033-AC9B-B1BAD4AD66E7.png

https://tacomarine.com/canvas-shade-bo ... -7579vel25

I liked this support pole so much that when my brother-in-law had issues with water pooling on top of his boat cover, I bought him one. Since his boat cover didn’t have snap fittings I also picked up a 5” mushroom cap so that the support pole wouldn’t pole a hole in his cover.

FD7C7873-8CAD-4145-BAF8-B03C4498C5B6.png

The mushroom cap inner diameter is larger then the support pole outer diameter so I machined an adapter bushing out of some scrap Delrin (acetal) 1” round stock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Cobalt 240 with Merc 496 MAG Bravo 3
1977 18’ Beachcraft with Ford 302 V8 OMC 190
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA
SAB220
Captain
Captain

Re: The Search for Perfect Boat Cover Support Pole.

Post by SAB220 »

Thanks I try it.
I had a support pole you adhere a snap to the underneath of the cover then adhere Velcro to the base. That pole did last long, I didn't know any better coming from the [wood] SW I never had a boat that needed a cover. I still have the Velcro pad stuck to the rug. its a fixture to the boat now
2004 220