Bent bimini top connector

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
JJW
Ensign
Ensign

Bent bimini top connector

Post by JJW »

Hey there. One of the connectors for my bimini top has been bent (see photo). Does anyone know where I can get a replacement and how I would remove the old one and replace the new one? Or if that is not the best way to fix this then what is? Thanks!
Screen Shot 2023-07-30 at 8.10.57 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billk2632
Captain
Captain

Re: Bent bimini top connector

Post by billk2632 »

Generally those fittings are just pressed into the tubing. However, it looks like that one is held in place by that crimp you see around the tube. Getting it out could be a challenge without damaging the tubing. I would put the eye end that is bent in a vice and give it a try. Also worth a try to straighten it while it's in the vice - pad it up so the vice doesn't damage it. As far as a replacement, should be able to find it from Taylor Made - it's called an internal eye end.
I replaced all the bimini hardware on my old boat - it was aluminum and all the fittings were nylon - it was a real PIA to remove all of those inside eyes.
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
SAB220
Captain
Captain

Post by SAB220 »

Contact a business in your area that does boat covers. or try searching Bimini top parts. I destroyed two bimini tops because of a low bridge. That bridge has since been been replaced.
2004 220
JJW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JJW »

Thanks for the help! I'll give the vice a try and then contact local businesses.
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

SAB220 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:14 pm Contact a business in your area that does boat covers. or try searching Bimini top parts. I destroyed two bimini tops because of a low bridge. That bridge has since been been replaced.
Bridge replaced. 🤣
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY