2020 Penta 380hp refused to start?

jetsmith
Ensign
Ensign

2020 Penta 380hp refused to start?

Post by jetsmith »

2020 R7 Surf w/ Penta V8. Pretty intense tubing session, turned off engine to pull rope/tube in, tried to restart and only got a beep. All gauges read normal. Turned off main power and waited about 10 minutes and engine started back up. Decided to allow motor to idle a bit after next tubing session before killing it and didn’t have the issue again all day. Not sure what error code was thrown but looks like it resets itself. Any clue as to what is happening here?
2020 R7 Surf
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2020 Penta 380hp refused to start?

Post by dustinm »

might have been an engine temp issue with the way it was being operated. Not that you did anything wrong, but when you adjusted the shut down procedure and it didnt come back...
CS23
Land_Locked
Ensign
Ensign

Re: 2020 Penta 380hp refused to start?

Post by Land_Locked »

I'm probably the least experienced person here and I don't mean to ask dumb questions, but is it possible that maybe you didn't have the throttle in neutral? I only ask because I've done that on more than one occassion. Either I was idling slowly and cut off the engine or I got up from the captain's seat and pulled the kill key and then forgot to put the throttle back in neutral before trying to restart.
2022 CS22 Volvo 250/DP Family Truckster