Red “background” on tachometer display Cobalt Glass Cockpit

herbk@comcast.net
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Red “background” on tachometer display Cobalt Glass Cockpit

Post by herbk@comcast.net »

Greetings:
Our 2020 R-5 has the Volvo Penta 300 HP DuoProp and the maximum RPM is in the area of 5900.
For the first 2 years (50 hours?) of operations, the background on the tachometer display/gauge would go red when operating at 5000 RPM or above. I notice now with 75 hours in the 3rd year, the tachometer background no longer goes red above 5000 RPM. I just noticed this after an update was done to the the Volvo EVC, but it could have been before.
Anyway this is simply a function of the boat “break in” period or do I need to look to restore a full-time capability of the display to go red as before?

2020 Cobalt R-5
“Breakaway”
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Red “background” on tachometer display Cobalt Glass Cockpit

Post by bruceb58 »

herbk@comcast.net wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:43 am Greetings:
Our 2020 R-5 has the Volvo Penta 300 HP DuoProp and the maximum RPM is in the area of 5900.
For the first 2 years (50 hours?) of operations, the background on the tachometer display/gauge would go red when operating at 5000 RPM or above. I notice now with 75 hours in the 3rd year, the tachometer background no longer goes red above 5000 RPM. I just noticed this after an update was done to the the Volvo EVC, but it could have been before.
Anyway this is simply a function of the boat “break in” period or do I need to look to restore a full-time capability of the display to go red as before?

2020 Cobalt R-5
“Breakaway”
You can set the warning RPM in the settings.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA
herbk@comcast.net
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Red “background” on tachometer display Cobalt Glass Cockpit

Post by herbk@comcast.net »

bruceb58:
Thanks very much for the heads up.
I assume by “settings” you refer to the menu when you touch the gauge for one second or so. Setting the “rated max” for whatever will push the readout into the red whenever the setting is exceeded.
If that is correct, great and thanks.
Herb
29A5995C-A300-4EFE-BF60-14A2C5FDB15F.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.