Troubleshooting hydraulic swim platform

(A25, A28, A36, A40)
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Troubleshooting hydraulic swim platform

Post by cmattj »

Glad you got it done. Time to show off that cool platform with some water pics!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Post by 2ridgebacks »

Good to hear!
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
powerguy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by powerguy »

Another hydraulic trim platform troubleshooting question. Platform works intermittently. Push switch and beeper comes on and can hear what sounds like an electrical noise but no movement. Sometimes can make it finally work with repeated tries and sometimes need to drive it and stop again and it will then work. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

powerguy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:06 am Another hydraulic trim platform troubleshooting question. Platform works intermittently. Push switch and beeper comes on and can hear what sounds like an electrical noise but no movement. Sometimes can make it finally work with repeated tries and sometimes need to drive it and stop again and it will then work. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a power issue. Pull the connections apart and plug them back in. Clean them or add a touch of dialectic grease. There may be a bit of corrosion somewhere causing your intermittent problem. And let us know what you find out.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
powerguy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by powerguy »

Did not end up buying that boat. To much neglect and cost to bring back condition.
RanPil
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RanPil »

Good day folks,

I bought a 2012 a25 with 175 hours last weekend. I’m trying to work out a few bugs. First and most important the hydraulic swim platform won’t go up or down. Pump sounds like it’s pumping, alarm comes on but no movement. The only time it moves is when we arch the solenoids but doesn’t go flush to the swim platform. Even if we can bring it flush for now would be great. Any advice?
pchoate1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by pchoate1 »

Hello, we just bought a 2010 A25 with the hydraulic swim platform. Whenever I am at idle or neutral, I get an alarm at the helm about every 45 seconds. At first I thought maybe it was oil pressure or water temperature But I have ruled both of them out. When adjusting the swim platform cams I noticed there was a sensor mounted in the platform and I am wondering if the sensor has gone bad and is where my alarm is coming from. Has anyone had this issue and been able to diagnose that sensor. Dealer says that sensor is no longer available and I would have to find an aftermarket sensor that would fit.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

pchoate1 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:18 pm Hello, we just bought a 2010 A25 with the hydraulic swim platform. Whenever I am at idle or neutral, I get an alarm at the helm about every 45 seconds. At first I thought maybe it was oil pressure or water temperature But I have ruled both of them out. When adjusting the swim platform cams I noticed there was a sensor mounted in the platform and I am wondering if the sensor has gone bad and is where my alarm is coming from. Has anyone had this issue and been able to diagnose that sensor. Dealer says that sensor is no longer available and I would have to find an aftermarket sensor that would fit.
So glad you found us Pch1...

Not sure about your sensor but hopefully others will chime in shortly. You could start another topic on this subject.

Any pics of your A29?

And welcome aboard mate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)