Warranty Work- Candlewood East Marina

(CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT)
zrp62
Ensign
Ensign

Warranty Work- Candlewood East Marina

Post by zrp62 »

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2023 Cobalt CS22 in January to use this summer in MA. I bought it in Florida and drove it up to leave here year round. After this summer there is some warranty work that needs to be done. It is not time sensitive as we won't need the boat for months. Candlewood East Marina said that they are not taking any new customers and are refusing to do the work. It is the only dealer in the CT/MA area that I am aware of. I am not sure what to do now and was surprised they could just deny the work indefinitely. What is the point of a warranty if dealers won't honor them. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you,
Zach
Holy Smokes
Captain
Captain

Re: Warranty Work- Candlewood East Marina

Post by Holy Smokes »

Sounds like a "should have purchased through us" reply. Check with Cobalt customer service to get direction.
2005 Cobalt 360, 496Mag HO's with Bravo 3X drives

LOTO - Lake of the Ozarks
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us zpr62.

Sorry to hear about your Cobalt woes.

I would definitely call the world headquarters in Neodesha KS. They’ll make things right with you and the dealer you need.

Any pics?

And welcome aboard mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

zrp62 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:07 pm Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2023 Cobalt CS22 in January to use this summer in MA. I bought it in Florida and drove it up to leave here year round. After this summer there is some warranty work that needs to be done. It is not time sensitive as we won't need the boat for months. Candlewood East Marina said that they are not taking any new customers and are refusing to do the work. It is the only dealer in the CT/MA area that I am aware of. I am not sure what to do now and was surprised they could just deny the work indefinitely. What is the point of a warranty if dealers won't honor them. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you,
Zach
Must be nice to own a business that doesn't need new customers.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

Krob1114 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:47 am
zrp62 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:07 pm Hello everyone,

Thank you,
Zach
Must be nice to own a business that doesn't need new customers.
Probably like the rest of us that can't find employees. I've been in this business for 45 years (started at 15) and it's the worst job market ever. We have great growth possibility, but for the last 3 summers we have had to restrict ordering on our website to existing customers (80% of business is existing customers). We are in So Cal, but finally have decided to build a new lab in the southeast, probably Atlanta.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
zrp62
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zrp62 »

Hello everyone!

Luckily I did not have to elevate the situation to customer service or HQ. We found a dealer that was farther away in NY called 'Boats by George.' We were able to bring in boat the next day. They took pictures and notes of everything we had wrong and submitted a warranty claim. It took maybe 5-10 minutes. Now, I will just bring it back to them in April once the parts come in. Even if they are short staffed, this took no time at all.

The CT dealer did however, try to sell me on their 'Fall Trade in Program', yeah because I want to trade in my boat to you guys after it's only a few months old?? Furthermore, when we were boat shopping months ago, their price on a CS22 was $15,000 more on a model that was $15,000 cheaper than the one we got. So a $30,000 swing. Yeah, I will bring my business elsewhere!
Holy Smokes
Captain
Captain

Post by Holy Smokes »

Great outcome!

Boats by George, as I've heard, is a top-tier, high-volume dealer that takes care of the Cobalt family members. Sounds like you can attest to the same.
2005 Cobalt 360, 496Mag HO's with Bravo 3X drives

LOTO - Lake of the Ozarks