1996 190

(190 through 360)
Cap’nJaybird
Ensign
Ensign

1996 190

Post by Cap’nJaybird »

I recently bought a 1996 190. Currently while all the cushions are being repaired or replaced, I am overhauling the interior. I’m looking for anyone who might have leads on replacement net panels for under the bow seats and also replacement bow covers and cockpit covers. In addition to those things I’m looking for advice on the best depth finder and GPS combo for inland waterways. I don’t fish off my boat so I don’t need a fishfinder. I just need a GPS for inland waterways that has a depth finder.
Kate
Captain
Captain

Re: 1996 190

Post by Kate »

". . . depth finder and GPS combo for inland waterways."

I use the Navionics app on a smart device, which needs to be GPS enabled. I download only the North American waterways map. Works great.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us Cap’nJ…..

The 190 is right up there as arguably one of the best hulls to come out of Neodesha. There are a few current and prior owners on the site who may be able to help with 190 gear. Hopefully they will chime in shortly.

+1 on the Navionics advice offered by Kate.

Any pics?

And welcome aboard mate!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Cap’nJaybird
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Cap’nJaybird »

Kate- We don’t always have cell signal on the lake for my device to pick up. So I’m looking for strictly satellite based gps
Kate
Captain
Captain

Post by Kate »

"We don’t always have cell signal on the lake for my device to pick up."

The Nav app on a GPS enabled smart device does not work via cell signal. It operates via GPS.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

The Garmin (Navionics) app is pretty powerful if you don't need it to sense anything about your boat (e.g., show you sonar, control your stereo, report on engine status, etc.). It works by downloading the map ahead of time so you don't need cell coverage or WiFi when out on the water. There's more info at:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/904463/pn/010-D2111-00/

It looks from their site like some features are dependent on maintaining an active yearly subscription, but basic mapping should remain available even if you don't resubscribe.

Personally, I'd skip the app and get something like a Garmin Echomap CV series, which starts around $400 but can be mounted and hard wired into the boat. The "better" Echomap SV series has touchscreen control, and has some higher end sonar functions you don't care about built in. The current version of what I installed is:

https://www.thegpsstore.com/Brands/Garm ... 2-73sv-GN-
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)