220 Interior + Cupholder Lights

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
Canterbury
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

220 Interior + Cupholder Lights

Post by Canterbury »

Hi All,

I had replied to an old thread that I had started a few years back in the 10 Series forum but no takers so far. Trying to confirm the bulb type for the small interior lights. I have a 2006 220 and previously purchased these bulbs but cant find my old paperwork and the boat is a few hours away to check. These are 3 small interior lights that come in with the switch, 1 in front, 2 in the back. Originally went with the blue LED's but changing this up to red for better night vision and fewer bugs.

On a related note, was also thinking about a few cupholder lights as well. Can these be wired into the light switch as well? Do they need their own circuit? There are a few empty switches that could be used.

Thanks
NautiWeasel
Commander
Commander

Re: 220 Interior + Cupholder Lights

Post by NautiWeasel »

I don't know the bulb size for your interior lights, so I can't help you there, sorry.

As for the cupholder lights, nice choice. Personally, I would want them on a dedicated switch. I think that with the interior lights, it will be too much (speaking from experience) and it will actually be less work (IMO) to run them completely separate, instead of trying to tie into an existing switch. It can be done, but I'd run them separate.

Good luck, and post back with pictures when you're done.
Greg,
Nauti Weasel
2014 Cobalt 242 w/380hp Volvo Penta
SOLD: 2007 Rinker Captiva 192 w/200 hp Volvo
SOLD: 2005 Beachcomber Islander 26 pontoon w/90 hp Merc.
Titaniumboy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Titaniumboy »

My manual shows a 211 bulb for the “dome light” and either 1004 or 211 bulbs for “open bulb utility light”.
2007 Cobalt 240 with Merc 496 MAG Bravo 3
1977 18’ Beachcraft with Ford 302 V8 OMC 190
Whiskey Slough Marina
Holt, CA
Canterbury
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Canterbury »

Thanks for the responses. I will actually be going to the boat this weekend so good timing. I did locate another thread and they mentioned about changing the entire light housing with an LED update vs individual bulbs. As long as I dont have to cut any larger holes, that will be much simpler and more fool proof vs bulbs. Will post pics once I finish it up.