Vinyl Tear Repair

PugetBoater
Ensign
Ensign

Vinyl Tear Repair

Post by PugetBoater »

I was cleaning my 242 yesterday in prep for the 4th and noticed a small tear in the vinyl on the side of the sun pad where the tow pole attaches. Since it is on the side, it isn't too noticeable, but I would like to repair it to prevent further ripping.

I have looked at some repair kits online, from tapes to adhesives to patch kits, but curious if anyone has had good luck with a specific product or method to recommend for cobalt vinyl. The 242 is a 2007.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Vinyl Tear Repair

Post by Table Rockin »

Call Dr. Vinyl. Should be one in your area. Thats what I've done anyway. Its less than $100 but is also more of fix I'd say than a patch kit. But I'm not a great DIY guy either so there's that.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Table Rockin wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:42 am Call Dr. Vinyl. Should be one in your area. Thats what I've done anyway. Its less than $100 but is also more of fix I'd say than a patch kit. But I'm not a great DIY guy either so there's that.
X10
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
PugetBoater
Ensign
Ensign

Post by PugetBoater »

Thank you for the recommendation. I didn't see a Dr Vinyl location in Washington, but found a company called fibrenew that looks similar so contacted them for a quote.
brsmith1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by brsmith1 »

PugetBoater - what is your opinion of Fibrenew? I’m in Seattle. I am looking to repair a small tear in an aft filled cushion for a CS22. The tear is in a spot that isn’t visible when the cushion is installed. I mainly don’t want it to get worse. The upholstery company that our cobalt dealer recommended quoted $417. I bought this cushion used - it’s turning into more of hassle than just buying a new cushion from the dealer. (Now I’m just whining.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.