IAC valves for gm engines.

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

IAC valves for gm engines.

Post by Big Block Power »

My boat kept wanting to stall coming off plane and when going to dock and started hard. I had a spare iac valve from one of my previous boats. I keep a spare. They fail to often. It seems like most of the gm engines use the same valve. I didn't pay $170 for it I paid about $12 for it. If you look up AC147 iac valve they pop up. My last one lasted over two years and worked great till I sold the boat and I'm sure it's still working. I figured was worth a try or else I would have bought one from our gm dealership. They are much cheaper than a Marine one. They do make a Ford style valve also that fail on a regular basis also. I don't know the part number for that. Installed it today in 5 minutes worked perfectly.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: IAC valves for gm engines.

Post by jhnmdahl »

Looks like these idle air control valves are around $50 at the super-discount places, so a new one for $12 is a steal.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: IAC valves for gm engines.

Post by Big Block Power »

Yea that's why I bought 2 of them.I thought they have to be junk and cheap enough to try. When you compare them they look identical. So I tried it and never had to replace it again. So what the Heck. Normally you get what you pay for.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!