Commander

COBALT 360 8.1GXI X2 exhaust ENJOY

Post by lilhackster »

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: COBALT 360 8.1GXI X2 exhaust ENJOY

Post by Big Block Power »

Sounds nice. So was that both engines at first with captains choice off?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
lilhackster
Commander
Commander

Post by lilhackster »

yep both engines then when he hit it was captains call, that video was when I was having the boat surveyed before I bought it.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's amazing how much louder a Volvo is then a merc when the exhaust is going through the drive. I still can't believe they run captains choice on a 360 and so many small boats like mine don't have it. Congrats that's sweet.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Small rant here...
JMO. Everyone likes the sound of a BB, but it has its place, and it's not on a busy lake where people come to relax and enjoy the scenery, and definitely not on a lake boat. It's like running headers on grandpas 4 door chevy caprice.
A definite poser, small dick option IMO.
There is no way in hell I would want to listen to a wide open engine on a beautiful lake on a warm summer day. I'm not sure how many passengers want to hear that racket out of someone's lake boat either.
It's almost hilarious to see some of the slow boats that couldn't make 50 mph with a CC...

Tight ass rant over. :D
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

I don't think it's something most would use all that often, but it's interesting to hear for sure. Small lake v. Lake Michigan are pretty different environments too, although I'm not sure how long I'd want to listen to it wide open myself : )
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

No offense to the OP, but we seem to have a large share of beer muscle boats on the lakes in this area.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

To be honest I live on a pretty good water system. We get plenty of 30-40 offshore racing boats and when ever we hear then coming our going we all look. I love it. Some are worse than others. Yes on small lakes it could get out of hand. When I bought my first donzi z20 with open exhaust all the time we were on vacation and I took delivery on the lake and the launch was half way across the lake and when I made it back to the cabin they all go went we heard it start up from here. They all liked it and I had it for 4 years and we all loved it every day. My red crownline I had it for 2 years and that was out the side and I miss it to the day. I would like it on this boat. Mostly just at start up.after that I'm good shutting it down. Only time I don't like it is when your trying to talk to the person cruising next to you with it and you can't hear each other other than that.Let er rip.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

To be honest I live on a pretty good water system. We get plenty of 30-40 offshore racing boats and when ever we hear them coming or going we all look. I love it. Some are worse than others. Yes on small lakes it could get out of hand. When I bought my first donzi z20 with open exhaust all the time we were on vacation and I took delivery on the lake and the launch was half way across the lake and when I made it back to the cabin they all go said we heard it start up from here. They all liked it and I had it for 4 years and we all loved it every day. My red crownline I had it for 2 years and that was out the side and I miss it to the day. I would like it on this boat. Mostly just at start up.after that I'm good shutting it down. Only time I don't like it is when your trying to talk to the person cruising next to you with it and you can't hear each other other than that.Let er rip.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!