One of those "what do you do" threads...

2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Re: One of those "what do you do" threads...

Post by 2ridgebacks »

Inbox me your questions. I know people.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Thanks 2RB. Ill take a rain check until we get closer. I know we’re far away from info on it, but I do know a new 10 speed trans and a refresh are coming.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Post by 2ridgebacks »

They have launch/build teams in Dearborn now.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Hmm.. We have car builders , service managers, GMs, sales guys, and collectors. A good representation from the auto industry!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Yeah, we're all motorheads in one form or another.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Cycleman6
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycleman6 »

Anybody ever need any product or price information on CJDR, let me know, I can help.
2018 R5 (SOLD)
6.2L VP 380HP
Ordering R4 SURF
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

opinions on the ford 3.5 ecoboost engine? I may be in the market for a new truck in a year or two. Almost pulled the trigger last fall but then I decided to buy a bigger boat :) That was a pretty easy decision for me. I get way more enjoyment out of boating than driving. However, when I do shop for new rides, I like to get something fairly nice and prefer driving trucks. Heard lots of conflicting reports on those engines/transmissions. I also really like the new design of the Chevy/GMC trucks. Havent seen one in person but the pictures look pretty awesome. I have no allegiance to one brand or the other.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
hoghead54
Captain
Captain

Post by hoghead54 »

My story is pretty mundane compared to most of you guys,pretty much just a blue collar worker. Fought fires for BLM for 2 summers out of highschool, got married at 19(seemed like the thing to do)44 years and 6 kids this July. Worked for a door company for 3 years making accordion door that you see in gyms,churches and such.Pipelined for a while got to work on the Alaska pipeline for about 6 months and in Minnesota for a bit. Needed something more stable so went to work for Union Pacific that job lasted for 38 years. worked in Signal Dept. for 11 or those building and maintaining the lights for the trains and installing crossing lights.Transferred to transportation after my wife said "find a new job or find a new wife" she didn't like me being gone all week,can't say I blame her I didn't like it either. Became a Locomotive Engineer in '93 and never looked back.It was a pretty consuming job being on call 24/7/365(no scheduled days off) but the pay was great for a guy with 1 year of collage and so were the benefits and the retirement is really good. Now have time to enjoy my toys and the boat i've wanted for longer than I can remember,that I never had time for before and wouldn't you know it would be a Cobalt. Sorry that is a long story but it is my life in a nut shell.
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Mundane?
That’s pretty damn interesting HH.

Between A7, yourself and me, we have it covered..
Planes, trains and automobiles.🤣
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Mundane?
That’s pretty damn interesting HH

+1

....and you’re right, T. We do have it covered. (Great movie by the way)👌🏼

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
The La Salts
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by The La Salts »

You all can add an elevator guy to your list. I have been in the trade for 24 years now. I started as a helper in 94’ installing them moved my way to be a Forman and a maintenance troubleshooter. Now I am in Management.
2014 Cobalt 276 VP 380 DP
Do It With Passion Or Not At All
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:51 am opinions on the ford 3.5 ecoboost engine? I may be in the market for a new truck in a year or two. Almost pulled the trigger last fall but then I decided to buy a bigger boat :) That was a pretty easy decision for me. I get way more enjoyment out of boating than driving. However, when I do shop for new rides, I like to get something fairly nice and prefer driving trucks. Heard lots of conflicting reports on those engines/transmissions. I also really like the new design of the Chevy/GMC trucks. Havent seen one in person but the pictures look pretty awesome. I have no allegiance to one brand or the other.
Wait until fall. GMC has a new Truck launching that looks incredible. 6.2L with a 10 speed. Transformer tailgate, lots of well thought out consumer friendly features.
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

The La Salts wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm You all can add an elevator guy to your list. I have been in the trade for 24 years now. I started as a helper in 94’ installing them moved my way to be a Forman and a maintenance troubleshooter. Now I am in Management.
Just visiting my sis in Georgia.. went to Chattanooga Tennessee and road the 125 year old" OTIS" incline elevator to lookout point.. wild ride!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cmattj on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Skiingstrongman wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:03 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:51 am opinions on the ford 3.5 ecoboost engine? I may be in the market for a new truck in a year or two. Almost pulled the trigger last fall but then I decided to buy a bigger boat :) That was a pretty easy decision for me. I get way more enjoyment out of boating than driving. However, when I do shop for new rides, I like to get something fairly nice and prefer driving trucks. Heard lots of conflicting reports on those engines/transmissions. I also really like the new design of the Chevy/GMC trucks. Havent seen one in person but the pictures look pretty awesome. I have no allegiance to one brand or the other.
Wait until fall. GMC has a new Truck launching that looks incredible. 6.2L with a 10 speed. Transformer tailgate, lots of well thought out consumer friendly features.
Wait👍🏼 It's going to be nice!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

The La Salts wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm You all can add an elevator guy to your list. I have been in the trade for 24 years now. I started as a helper in 94’ installing them moved my way to be a Forman and a maintenance troubleshooter. Now I am in Management.
That’s very cool. Any particular brand your fave? Otis, Schindler, Dover, Krupp’s...?
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)