LOTO Shootout

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
Protip
Commander
Commander

LOTO Shootout

Post by Protip »

Have any of you been up to the shootout? The wife and I want to go check it out this year, but I wasn't sure the best way to do it from land. I don't think my 220 is big enough to be out there on shootout weekend. Any suggestions on places to stay or the best way to watch the race without bringing a boat?
1999 Cobalt 220 w/merc 7.4
Beaver Lake, AR
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: LOTO Shootout

Post by tgrace98 »

So I’ve been there 3 times. If you want to take your boat get a place off the niangua arm as it is super close from where the no wake zone starts. And From there it is just one big huge party as boats go flying by. Then I highly suggest going to the meet up that is usually Friday at dog days.

You can go by land to captain ron’s Which is the host place but all you really see from there is the boats coming and going.

I’ve gone twice by water. Once in my old crownline 225 and it started storming so everyone left at once and I thought I was going to die from the 8ft chop. Second time I was in my Baja 272 and it was more than fine getting me the couple miles I needed to go.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Protip
Commander
Commander

Post by Protip »

I have seen a ton of videos of previous shootouts. This year they are extending all of the no wake zones so it may not be so bad getting out there on the boat other than something like 13 miles of no wake speed. I have heard a lot of the fast boats break and run after the event though and that leads to mass chaos and big water. I am probably more interested in seeing the boats up close in the dock than watching them fly by on the course anyway. Where is the best place to stay out there? Figure I probably need to try to get something booked soonish. When you brought your boat how did you swing that? Rent a slip where you stayed or what?
1999 Cobalt 220 w/merc 7.4
Beaver Lake, AR
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Yep I stayed at a little resort that I found on vrbo can’t remember the name of it but it was on the niangua arm. And it came with a 12x32 boat slip. I’d say anything in camdenton should be fine. Just when booking ask what mile marker they are at. Anything past mm 28 should get you pretty close to the no wake zone. My advice if you plan to take the boat. Go out early and plan to either leave early or stay late.

Id love to go this year but I don’t have a trailer for my boat. So she is stuck at Table Rock
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake