Hello From Sub-Tropical Minnesota!

'SotaBota
Ensign
Ensign

Hello From Sub-Tropical Minnesota!

Post by 'SotaBota »

Hi All,

I recently purchased very first boat. Looking to join forum to discuss Cobalt/Boat issues with others, learn and share in the truly wonderful experience of simply being on a boat.

Purchased a very late 90's one owner cream puff Cobalt 232 w/ Magnum 502 w/ 415 very wild ponies (and gorgeous sounding with Captains Call on) that easily tops 72 mph per GPS with three adults and a little one on board. Have only had out a couple times since recent acquisition but she is absolutely exhilarating. Owner was extremely particular and meticulous with boat and if not for hours meter would have to wonder wether or not boat used at all.

Here is a pic below from pick-up. Front may look a little blurry where I edited out the registration information but gelcoat/exterior/interior is in superior condition to many 2010-14s I considered.

SO glad I went with Cobalt as strongly considered several other brands/boats.

SB
Cobalt 232 Side 2 Export.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Hello From Sub-Tropical Minnesota!

Post by jhnmdahl »

Welcome SB, and thanks for the post! Your boat does look super clean, and is a good testament to how these boats hold up if you take care of them. I wonder - did the previous owner share what he did to take care of the gelcoat, vinyl, etc.?

Also - you weren't by chance driving north on highway 101 early this afternoon, were you? If so, I was in the black touareg, towing the blue and white Cobalt 210 heading southbound...
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
'SotaBota
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 'SotaBota »

John, thanks for compliments. Don't know what he used but marina who sold boat and did all service for prior owner said they'd use regular high-grade auto wash and wax on boat, so likely that is answer. Probably more relates to combination of really high-quality gel coat to begin with + being really well maintained over years by owner/marina.

That wasn't me on HWY 101 unless someone stole my boat! Maybe some other time it will though!

Happy boating,

SB
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Sota'

Welcome. Beautiful boat. Let's see some interior shots. How many hours? What year?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
'SotaBota
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 'SotaBota »

Bittersweet day. Took her out for one last spin and then it was out of water for winterization. Since only had her for 3 weeks my sample size was minuscule....but resplendent.

Alas, didn't get around to anymore pics.

Dear Spring/Summer, please hurry.

SB
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

That's a sharp boat. I was leaning towards a 232 but I wanted a walk through. They put shot of bb in those boats. I knew they say the 226 was one of there fastest hulls is that true with the 232? 70mph is moving I that boat.I know another guy that has a 232 and loves it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

You know I didn't realize we had a SB on here Till now and he's even a neighbor 😂😂👋👋
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!