A first

(non-boating; no politics!)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

A first

Post by Ytmsn »

I forgot to post this. The other night my wife was driving out to the lake house and thought she hit a deer. She said it came from nowhere and scared the crap out of her! But then when she gets there I go out with a flashlight to survey the damage and find this stuck in the wheel
20180630_103907.jpg
I don't know for sure but I think she probably hit a wild hog. At least that's what this hair looks like. It put a little dent at the back of the wheel well and knocked a brace out of the front fender. Nothing really, compared to what it could have been like had she t-boned that sucker!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: A first

Post by NautiGirl »

Glad she is ok, speaking from first hand experience, animal strikes can be no joke.

Side note, but how much fun does helicopter hog hunting look? I looked into it, it can be a bit pricey but hanging out of the side of a helicopter /w a suppressed AR shooting at pigs is like a once in a lifetime thing right?
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Currently Not a Boat Owner
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

Holy Crap YT Hope Mrs. T is okay. To bad you couldn't find that Hog. Could of had Hog in the ground for the 4th!!!
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

That tire has more hair than you. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:45 pm That tire has more hair than you. Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

thunder550 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:45 pm That tire has more hair than you. Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

AsLan7 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:32 pm
thunder550 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Wild hogs hate Bridgestone tires.. it's a fact.. look it up..it's on the internet 😂

Glad no one is hurt pal!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

[Ha! BB it would take you a week to count the hair on my .... oh nevermind. I keep forgetting this is a family channel.

Nauti this link is one of many with my buddy of 20 some odd years out of the Waxahachie /Ennis Texas area south of Dallas.

https://youtu.be/ymPJRvHF_lQ

He's an auctioneer (and a damn good one) but started Helihunter a long time ago. Kind of a pioneer in the helicopter hunting world. He's been featured on TV with the Hog Guy and Ted Nugent too. Theres a pretty good story behind Nugent going up and using a machine gun...

The ranchers pay him by the pig and the hunters pay him by the hour. A pretty good gig!

The dead hogs are gathered up and taken to processers and then distributed to organizations that feed the hungry. A pretty cool service actually.

What hogs they dont or can't pick up are consumed by other hogs. You can go back the next day and they are gone. Completely gone. These are nasty critters.

I may have said this before, but bear with me because I like hearing it again. Ferrel hogs cause billions in damage. They are all over Texas and have spread north into Kansasas well as east and west. For you guys way up north, the hog population is coming. It's not a matter of if they ever get there, its when.

The studies have found that if we were somehow able to eradicate 70% of the hog population they would be back to even within two weeks.
"Black Boats Matter"
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Ytmsn wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:03 pm [Ha! BB it would take you a week to count the hair on my .... oh nevermind. I keep forgetting this is a family channel.

Nauti this link is one of many with my buddy of 20 some odd years out of the Waxahachie /Ennis Texas area south of Dallas.

He's an auctioneer (and a damn good one) but started Helihunter a long time ago. Kind of a pioneer in the helicopter hunting world. He's been featured on TV with the Hog Guy and Ted Nugent too. Theres a pretty good story behind Nugent going up and using a machine gun...

The ranchers pay him by the pig and the hunters pay him by the hour. A pretty good gig!

The dead hogs are gathered up and taken to processers and then distributed to organizations that feed the hungry. A pretty cool service actually.

What hogs they dont or can't pick up are consumed by other hogs. You can go back the next day and they are gone. Completely gone. These are nasty critters.

I may have said this before, but bear with me because I like hearing it again. Ferrel hogs cause billions in damage. They are all over Texas and have spread north into Kansasas well as east and west. For you guys way up north, the hog population is coming. It's not a matter of if they ever get there, its when.

The studies have found that if we were somehow able to eradicate 70% of the hog population they would be back to even within two weeks.

Wow

Just watched that vid, YT.
The animal lover in me makes me think this is so barbaric
Almost seems like there is no sport in it. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Maybe they make it look easy.

On the other hand, with the exploding deer 🦌, pig, & coyote populations we are experiencing ( I’ve hit two with my cars recently) makes me want to be the first one on that helicopter. Sign me up. 8-)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Ytmsn wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:03 pm [Ha! BB it would take you a week to count the hair on my .... oh nevermind. I keep forgetting this is a family channel.

Exactly terrible terrible animals, no reason not to shoot them, and what better way to shoot them than from a helicopter /w an AR?

It's the most American thing ever really.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Currently Not a Boat Owner
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Maybe that could be your new gig A7! He charges $1000 an hour and I ge s a 4 hour minimum. He stayed booked up during the winter when the canopy is down. During the summer they stray under the cover of trees.

These things are smart. He says a big bore will get under a cedar tree and circle , keeping out of sight from the air. And if one has ever seen a trap then they stay away from it. Traps usually only catch piglets and a few sows.
"Black Boats Matter"
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Ytmsn wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:53 am Maybe that could be your new gig A7! He charges $1000 an hour and I ge s a 4 hour minimum. He stayed booked up during the winter when the canopy is down. During the summer they stray under the cover of trees.

These things are smart. He says a big bore will get under a cedar tree and circle , keeping out of sight from the air. And if one has ever seen a trap then they stay away from it. Traps usually only catch piglets and a few sows.
"They remember"
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
hoghead54
Captain
Captain

Post by hoghead54 »

Looks like a good time to me.😃