Look at these waves on TRL

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Look at these waves on TRL

Post by Table Rockin »

Would you ever think a Duck ride would be the way you go out? and for any kids on board....well who would've thought something like this would or could happen. The guy from that Lakeside Restaurant FB post even said he's not sure he'd ever seen anything like it down there. I've seen LOTO get like that just from cruiser boat traffic but not down at TRL. They dont have duck rides at LOTO I dont think....nor should they.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Katie and me...well really me...wanted to ride these when we go to Boston in the fall. May have to rethink that. Terrible thing all around. I am sure you have to sign some kind of waiver but I dont see how the company recovers from this. Think I read its the same company that runs Ripley's believe it or not.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Currently Not a Boat Owner
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Sold
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am Would you ever think a Duck ride would be the way you go out? and for any kids on board....well who would've thought something like this would or could happen. The guy from that Lakeside Restaurant FB post even said he's not sure he'd ever seen anything like it down there. I've seen LOTO get like that just from cruiser boat traffic but not down at TRL. They dont have duck rides at LOTO I dont think....nor should they.
not sure they do anymore. But I know when I was a kid they had them at LOTO
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 am
Table Rockin wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am Would you ever think a Duck ride would be the way you go out? and for any kids on board....well who would've thought something like this would or could happen. The guy from that Lakeside Restaurant FB post even said he's not sure he'd ever seen anything like it down there. I've seen LOTO get like that just from cruiser boat traffic but not down at TRL. They dont have duck rides at LOTO I dont think....nor should they.
They did back then. I dont go to LOTO much anymore. Once or twice a year and can't say ive seen one. Dont think its a good idea on that lake unless its far to the west side.
"The Mistress"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

NautiGirl wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:51 am Katie and me...well really me...wanted to ride these when we go to Boston in the fall. May have to rethink that. Terrible thing all around. I am sure you have to sign some kind of waiver but I dont see how the company recovers from this. Think I read its the same company that runs Ripley's believe it or not.
I think your right it is the ripley's company
"The Mistress"
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 am
tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 am
They did back then. I dont go to LOTO much anymore. Once or twice a year and can't say ive seen one. Dont think its a good idea on that lake unless its far to the west side.
yeah I've been to LOTO a handful of times in the past 5-6 years so I couldn't tell you if they still operate out of there. I'd be shocked if they still did.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
MikeBo
Commander
Commander

Post by MikeBo »

9 members of the same family on board.. so sad
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.

Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

NautiGirl wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:51 am Katie and me...well really me...wanted to ride these when we go to Boston in the fall. May have to rethink that. Terrible thing all around. I am sure you have to sign some kind of waiver but I dont see how the company recovers from this. Think I read its the same company that runs Ripley's believe it or not.
I can't get my head around a single family losing 9 members. The life jacket thing? Just unspeakable..

Jeff, I've ridden the ducks in Boston. It's actually a great history tour and I highly recommend it. I never once considered it dangerous, well until now. You know, they run these things all day, every day without an issue. It's just something that's taken for granted.
Anyway, the Boston ducks take a quick dip in the Charles River. Not exactly a lake ride, so I wouldn't worry.

I would also expect that ALL future duck tours in the world will now require the passengers to wear jackets when entering the water.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

Had to jump on a minute to check on our Table Rockers. Glad everyone seems OK here. Unspeakable tragedy there. So sad. So avoidable.
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp