CS3 ice chest/cooler size?

liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: CS3 ice chest/cooler size?

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 pm 6ft of chain. There's a good video on this anchor on utube also.
^ Same length.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

I run the 15 lb version of the Digger Anchor (not the Digger II) with 6' of 5/8" chain, and 175' of 5/8" role. Fits in the locker no problem on my 242.

Had problems getting it to set without the chain (Dealer said I didn't need it). After adding the chain no problem.

Hard rocky bottom here on Lake Travis. Usually you finally snag a rock and it will hold, problem is releasing. This anchor releases very easily, one of the features I like best. A hard tug from directly above and the anchor releases to the straight position, pull it on in without issues
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Heck normally I don't need any rope just the chain. It's only 3feet deep where I swim. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:48 pm Heck normally I don't need any rope just the chain. It's only 3feet deep where I swim. Lol
Pretty much the same, I only anchor in a few spots. Problem is it's usually just sand.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

Same here...6' chain on a Danforth. All sandy bottom down here.
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
notstock4long
Commander
Commander

Post by notstock4long »

ixispy44 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 6:25 pm Just wanted to follow-up and let you know the AO 36-pack soft cooler fits great! Very happy with the quality and while it wasn't very warm out this past weekend in PA the drinks kept great with just a few ice packs included in the cooler.
Just curious which type of AO you went with...canvas/vinyl/'carbon'. I'm thinking of picking up the 36 pack for my CS22. My opening is only 17" long, but is nearly the same length as yours within the cooler area. So I'll just have to put it in at a bit of an angle, but then it should fit nicely. I just can't decide between canvas or vinyl, but I'm leaning towards canvas.
2018 Cobalt CS22
ixispy44
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ixispy44 »

notstock4long wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:40 am
ixispy44 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 6:25 pm Just wanted to follow-up and let you know the AO 36-pack soft cooler fits great! Very happy with the quality and while it wasn't very warm out this past weekend in PA the drinks kept great with just a few ice packs included in the cooler.
Just curious which type of AO you went with...canvas/vinyl/'carbon'. I'm thinking of picking up the 36 pack for my CS22. My opening is only 17" long, but is nearly the same length as yours within the cooler area. So I'll just have to put it in at a bit of an angle, but then it should fit nicely. I just can't decide between canvas or vinyl, but I'm leaning towards canvas.
Sorry I just saw this! I ended up going with the canvas option and am very happy with it. Quality product and has kept all that I've put in it cold during day out on boat.
ixispy44
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ixispy44 »

notstock4long wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 am
ixispy44 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm Liking it very much! Had 12 people and gear on it over the weekend and didn't have issue getting onto plane quickly. Handled well in the windy conditions and can feel the quality put into the boat. Didn't get to spend a lot of alone time with her to get everything set up just so but another weekend is just around the corner.
Have you found an anchor that fits in the anchor locker, but also holds the boat?
I went with a vinyl coated navy anchor, believe ~ 15lbs. On lake I'm at it's more rocky bottom so I'm going more for weight holding vs. digging into something.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

"I went with a vinyl coated navy anchor, believe ~ 15lbs. On lake I'm at it's more rocky bottom so I'm going more for weight holding vs. digging into something."

Hey, that's exactly what we used on our 262. That vinyl was so friendly on the hull and easy to handle. Ours was white though.
We will definitely pick another one up for our 263. I like your thinkin' too--NAVY!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)