Lake water pressure washer

Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Lake water pressure washer

Post by Ytmsn »

No I haven't but I need to. Thanks for the reminder.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Ytmsn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:27 am No I haven't but I need to. Thanks for the reminder.
Can't seem to find that particular model on the world wide web. Got a link? None of the other Karchers show they can perform suction at anything other than level.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Driller wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:27 am No I haven't but I need to. Thanks for the reminder.
Can't seem to find that particular model on the world wide web. Got a link? None of the other Karchers show they can perform suction at anything other than level.
Driller I was looking at the K4 or K5 premium. You have to order an additional suction hose for $30 and its supposed to have the ability to draw from any water source. I think I'll call and talk to someone before I order though.
"Black Boats Matter"
jma2@fuse.net
Commander
Commander

Post by jma2@fuse.net »

I have the Karcher, which I use at my dock. However, I did not purchase the suction hose, and instead purchased a 1/3hp submersible pump. I connected the intake hose to the pump and pump the water from the lake. I also pump it through a CR Spotless deionizer, which does a good job preventing mineral deposits as the boat dries--I can just rinse and walk away. The 1/3hp pump provides sufficient pressure to push the lake water through the CR Spotless and Karcher machine. I was skeptical that the Karcher suction hose work because of power and also because the crud from the lake would eventually restrict the suction. Even using the Karcher with a secondary pump, you still will have to regularly clean the filter basket. Once I set my system back up this spring, I will try to remember to post some pics of my set-up.
2016 CS3
Volvo 280-G
Cincinnati, OH/Norris Lake, TN
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Thanks JMA. I ordered the K5 Permium as it was 40% off on the Karcher site. I’m gonna try it with the suction hose and see if it will work. Sometimes you can over filter, as a lot of particles will pass thru the pump. My lake water is extremely clean, but the water is hard. A quick pass with Hot Sauce takes care of the problem.
"DIGGIN' IT"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Tried out my Karcher today with the additional suction hose. Day one it would not maintain suction from the lake. Worked on it removing the hose from the fitting that connects to the washer adding a little silicone and tightening the clamp. Took it back out today and it works flawlessly. Water level is about 3’ below the dock. Never had a problem with it losing suction. Washed the whole boat inside and out.

If you’re looking for power, looks elsewhere. If you want a water supply at the dock and something to wash your boat. I’m happy with mine.
"DIGGIN' IT"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Driller wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm Tried out my Karcher today with the additional suction hose. Day one it would not maintain suction from the lake. Worked on it removing the hose from the fitting that connects to the washer adding a little silicone and tightening the clamp. Took it back out today and it works flawlessly. Water level is about 3’ below the dock. Never had a problem with it losing suction. Washed the whole boat inside and out.

If you’re looking for power, looks elsewhere. If you want a water supply at the dock and something to wash your boat. I’m happy with mine.
That's good to hear Driller! I keep waiting on a dock box to be installed on my slip so I can keep my washer in it, but now with the flooding I'm not sure if it will happen. Maybe one of these days..
"Black Boats Matter"
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

I watch a lot the the St. Louis Cardinals baseball games.
One of their regular ads is for the Worx power sprayer. It takes water directing from a bucket, so I guess a lake could be a big bucket.
I haven't checked the power because we have fresh water hose bib and we use the 180 psi Karcher, but I use the Worx edger and blower and like the quality of each. Light weight, easy to use, just get extra battery.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS