Looking to move to Table Rock

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
LakeGuyNE
Ensign
Ensign

Looking to move to Table Rock

Post by LakeGuyNE »

I currently live near Omaha, NE. We have been looking at buying a condo at Lake of the Ozark or Table Rock. We have Table Rock is the place live with a family.

We have some serious questions about where to buy. It seems most places do not come with a boat slip, let alone with a lift.

I prefer NOT to talk to a relator at this time, but instead "real people". I hope it will be okay to exchange some messages on this forum in hopes of helping us decide where to buy a condo.

I will be happy to tell you where we are looking and why.

Thank you
Ron
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Looking to move to Table Rock

Post by Big Block Power »

If I was buying a house or condo for myself to live in it would be near kimberling city. It's still close enough to get to anything and go anywhere. It's starting to get less busy that way. I've looked at places on the other side of the bridge by long creek as well. Tgrace98 will chime in.
If you're going to rent out them Indian point area is the place to go.
By the way we can't wait to visit you there 😉😂😂

Also please go to the new member section and Introduce yourself to the group and with picture of your Cobalt of course.
Welcome from Wisconsin.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Hey Ron welcome to Cobalt Chat!

Well I have a condo on Table Rock. It is a second home so I do not permanently live there. It is on Indian Point and we love it. It is close to Branson (less than 15 minutes) and we lease a slip just down the road from our condo. With Table Rock being a COE lake they do not sell slips with the homes/Condo's. So in a lot of the listings you will see 3rd party slip available. For a 10x28 they typically sell in the 25-30k range. Some complexes are even more. So we just lease. Most Condo's are between Holister, Branson, Kimberling City. I do not know of many west of that. Any ways if you have any other questions feel free to PM me or post back here.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey LGNe. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Sounds like you could be a regular at the Tabke Rock roundup. :D Hope you can make it happen with some advice from our lake owners on the forum.

Feel free to start an intro thread if you have the time. We enjoy reading how others get into their precious Cobalts.

Again, welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Brokentoy1
Commander
Commander

Post by Brokentoy1 »

Check out Paradise Landing in Kimberling City. Its just across the bridge.
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

LakeGuyNE wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:30 am I currently live near Omaha, NE. We have been looking at buying a condo at Lake of the Ozark or Table Rock. We have Table Rock is the place live with a family.

We have some serious questions about where to buy. It seems most places do not come with a boat slip, let alone with a lift.

I prefer NOT to talk to a relator at this time, but instead "real people". I hope it will be okay to exchange some messages on this forum in hopes of helping us decide where to buy a condo.

I will be happy to tell you where we are looking and why.

Thank you
Ron
Like Tgrace we own a condo on Indian Point and lease a slip at the Harbor Marina. I have only been at TRL now as an adult for 3 seasons. As you've already discovered the biggest difference between LOTO and TRL (outside of boat traffic) is you are not "free" to do as you please if you own shoreline property. The corp has a master shoreline plan that only allows community docks (read that as a minimum of 12 slips) in certain areas. If you see any one or two stall slips they are likely grandfathered in and are jealously guarded by their owners. So if you want to live on TRL you need to be prepared for that reality. Boat lifts are generally not included with a slip purchase or lease unless the owner is selling his with the slip, and that happens frequently enough. Most that do though are older lifts. On LOTO you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as your dock doesnt reach out past 1/3 of your total cove width. But there are certainly significant trade-offs....both bad and good depending on what you want. LOTO has way more bars/restaurants/places to "go to". Conversely TRL is sparse in that regard. LOTO is a washing machine set on tidal wave during peak season. My parents have a house and 40' boat on that lake and its getting to the point where 30 footers need to be careful how they navigate. This year I saw more 50'+ boats I have ever seen on that lake and there are several over 60' now. I like a good party and am pretty much a mind your own business kinda guy but its getting a little ridiculous even for me. TRL is way quieter, though you will hear people complain that TRL is becoming LOTO. Believe me....its not even close....TRL can get a bit "choppy" depending on where and when your out but its nothing really. Has TRL become more popular over the years? Yes. But the structure of that lake would make it hard to get to LOTO status in our lifetime.

Eventually, we want a proper lake house and when that time comes we will be looking at Kimberling city area, maybe over the on the aunts creek side. Its very quiet over there and smack dab in the middle of the lake to boot so you can pretty much go anywhere. But that scenario will likely never include a private dock. Just south of Kimberling City bridge is an area called Pointe Seven. There is a condo complex there that is very nice with community slips. The slips are pricey though at $45k per I think. They may be 30' slips though....i know they are at least 28'.

Exciting times! Good luck!
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

Ron, Welcome to the forum. Here is another perspective on TRL. We have a home in Viola 20 miles from Shell Knob. We are on a community dock the "Liquid Lounge" A few chatters have visited. The slips on our dock are mostly 10 X 30's the last one sold for 38K and there is one for sale for 42K. This part of the lake doesn't see the boat traffic that is around Kimberling, Indian Point or around State Park. Just Fyi
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Any movement here LakeGuy? We're (read I) am following closely :)
"The Mistress"
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:54 am Any movement here LakeGuy? We're (read I) am following closely :)
Maybe he finished season 3 of Ozark with the family?
One more reason we purchased!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

cmattj wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:42 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:54 am Any movement here LakeGuy? We're (read I) am following closely :)
I haven't watched yet....no spoilers!
"The Mistress"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:52 am
cmattj wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:42 pm
I haven't watched yet....no spoilers!
It was filmed on TRL though. 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!