Gull Chain MN--possible round up

(IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Gull Chain MN--possible round up

Post by sailor55330 »

I know we have a few members who are familiar with the Gull chain. Would there be any interest in a one-day type event? Meet up, drop them in, maybe grab some lunch on the lake? No date in mind, but was rather just thinking/posting aloud.
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Gull Chain MN--possible round up

Post by akorcovelos »

I might be down for a weekend. How far is it from where the Fast Ferry puts in?
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:36 pm I might be down for a weekend. How far is it from where the Fast Ferry puts in?
It's 6 hrs from our place. Sorry I'm out.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

I’m only a little over an hour away so if we are ever allowed to tie up or congregate without fear of someone taking photos of us and threatening to shut boating down we could make a run up there. I may be exaggerating a little bit.... sorry but I am going off a little rant because I work in road construction and there is a guy near one of my jobs that is taking pictures of construction workers not social distancing while working and sending them off to senators. They also just had a story on the local news this morning about making sure boaters are not tying up and making sure we keep our distance.
We are located just south of Mora MN. We have been to Gull a few times. We usually go to the St Croix river but there have been a few days it’s cloudy to the south so we go north to the Brainerd lakes. We have also been to the Whitefish chain many times.
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by MnLakeBum »

I’m on Gull every weekend and we normally have guests but I can easily get away for lunch and would love to meet with my fellow Cobalt Chat buddies. Let me know if any of you are on Gull this summer as I’d be happy to have you pull up to my dock and make you a drink or offer you an IPA on tap from my kegerator.

Best is to text me, Eric at 612-200-6039. I’m pretty much there every Thursday afternoon through Monday morning and another few full weeks in July and August. We are .6 miles north of Madden’s on the same shoreline and very easy to find as some of my neighbors would say our home sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe it’s the new towable that doubles as a swim raft, lol. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Nice MnLB. Great info too. 👌
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
sailor55330
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by sailor55330 »

MNLB----I swore to myself this was the year I was going to storm the compound and introduce myself. As luck would have it, the boat hasn't been wet and probably won't, so maybe next year. You have a beautiful place.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

sailor55330 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:46 am MNLB----I swore to myself this was the year I was going to storm the compound and introduce myself. As luck would have it, the boat hasn't been wet and probably won't, so maybe next year. You have a beautiful place.
Sounds like you need to go for a drive and jump on the Marker one 🤣
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

MnLakeBum wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:41 pm I’m on Gull every weekend and we normally have guests but I can easily get away for lunch and would love to meet with my fellow Cobalt Chat buddies. Let me know if any of you are on Gull this summer as I’d be happy to have you pull up to my dock and make you a drink or offer you an IPA on tap from my kegerator.

Best is to text me, Eric at 612-200-6039. I’m pretty much there every Thursday afternoon through Monday morning and another few full weeks in July and August. We are .6 miles north of Madden’s on the same shoreline and very easy to find as some of my neighbors would say our home sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe it’s the new towable that doubles as a swim raft, lol. :D
If we end up going that way I will definitely look you up. It has been a few years since we have been on Gull so it would be fun to go back. We missed out on what would have been a great boating day today because of bad storms and a possible tornado in our area last night. Our power went out last night and didn’t come back until this afternoon. Luckily we didn’t have any damage this time as a year ago almost to the day we had hail and high winds that damaged our roof and lost a few trees at my in-laws.