Its getting colder...

ALowe
Ensign
Ensign

Its getting colder...

Post by ALowe »

Does anyone have a heater installed on one of these surf models? We got a 2019 R3 Surf at the beginning of September and I am not ready to stop surfing and wakeboarding. The water is still in the upper 70s so that’s not a big deal yet, but my biggest block of time is at sunrise when air temps are a little nippy. I know the dedicated surf boats have it as an option but not seeing anything on Cobalt’s site. At this point it does not really matter as I would need to retrofit anyway. What is everyone doing to stretch the season IN the water? We are going in the morning so will post some pics tomorrow.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Its getting colder...

Post by AsLan7 »

ALowe wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:27 pm Does anyone have a heater installed on one of these surf models? We got a 2019 R3 Surf at the beginning of September and I am not ready to stop surfing and wakeboarding. The water is still in the upper 70s so that’s not a big deal yet, but my biggest block of time is at sunrise when air temps are a little nippy. I know the dedicated surf boats have it as an option but not seeing anything on Cobalt’s site. At this point it does not really matter as I would need to retrofit anyway. What is everyone doing to stretch the season IN the water? We are going in the morning so will post some pics tomorrow.
We have a cockpit heater to extend the season. Uses heated water from the engine block and transfers the heat to the air vents using a blower. Feet are nice and toasty on those cooler days in the Spring and Fall. :D
I don't think it would be too difficult to install. Heatercraft is the manufacturer. You can purchase the kits with a cost anywhere from $250 to $800 depending on your needs.

IMG_9135.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Unfortunately Cabin heat was not an option on the R3/5/7 but available on the R30/35. so you will have to go with an aftermarket system to get this.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
ALowe
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ALowe »

Air temp: 40F
Water temp: IDK but much warmer.
We had a blast this morning, with several sets each. Splashed at 0730 and then off the water by 0900. I would go every morning if I could!
10132020(4).jpg
10132020(3).jpg
10132020(2).jpg
10132020(1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.