I loce this place

(non-boating; no politics!)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I loce this place

Post by akorcovelos »

Been crazy busy the last few months getting ready to sell our house. Kinda stopped posting on anything but Facebook unintentionally since I’ve been preoccupied. Guess I scared a few folks around here as I got a couple concerned messages checking in on me :)

Sadly I’ve been way too busy working on the house to get anything done on the boat...I still have the bravo 1 sitting on the build stand half disassembled, so hopefully I’ll be able to get back to it before spring. That will be the only upgrade (if you want to call it that?) for the next season as our new house will be consuming my time and money for the summer.

Anywho, I’ll try and check in more often. Loce you all!
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: I loce this place

Post by AsLan7 »

Thanks akor. We missed ya’ but completely understand. Folks get on the bus and off the bus here with some riding longer at times. Get back on soon....And throw a few recent house pics up too!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:40 pm .
Thanks akor. We missed ya’ but completely understand. Folks get on the bus and off the bus here with some riding longer at times. Get back on soon....And throw a few recent house pics up too!
Thanks! I’ll post some pics once we finalize the purchase.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Just watching out for you bud! Thanks for letting me sleep at night!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:30 pm Just watching out for you bud! Thanks for letting me sleep at night!
:D I promise I’ll be home before the street lamps come on!
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Yeah, I don't post a ton, but read here more than Facebook for a while now. I think our misinformation and drama ratios compare favorably to the social media giants :)
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Nice to hear from you Akor! Congrats on the new house! I just moved last March and getting the new house is always exciting but moving sucks!
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

tgrace98 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:14 am Nice to hear from you Akor! Congrats on the new house! I just moved last March and getting the new house is always exciting but moving sucks!
ha, yeah we haven't even got the new house yet. Our neighbors family has owned the house for 135 years, so they have quite a bit to get out of the house before we close the deal, lol. We've been drooling over the house for 14 years, never thought it would go on the market, so when we got word it was, we started scrambling to get things in order. Hopefully we'll close sometime in May, until then we're doing roof, siding, gutters, landscaping, and a million other things to our house to get it ready to sell. Moving sucks, but hopefully it won't suck as much since I can see the new house from my front door. :D
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

jhnmdahl wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:20 am Yeah, I don't post a ton, but read here more than Facebook for a while now. I think our misinformation and drama ratios compare favorably to the social media giants :)
Facebook is just really easy on a phone, so thats where I end up with the little free time I have for such things. Now that I'm working from home full time I don't sit on the internet as much as I used too, lol.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Dudley67
Captain
Captain

Post by Dudley67 »

Funny I quit Facebook, due to privacy concerns, read some on here, but figured I was safer hanging out with this bunch of internet weirdo's than being tracked and categorized on Facebook.
Current:

2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”

1975 18TH
“Phoenix”

Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Dudley67 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:32 pm Funny I quit Facebook, due to privacy concerns, read some on here, but figured I was safer hanging out with this bunch of internet weirdo's than being tracked and categorized on Facebook.
you're 100% correct Dud, this place is 100x safer and better than Faceplace. I'm a sucker for convenience, and when I have only have a few min to jump on FB is just easier. Plus, this place has gotten so busy it gives me anxiety trying to keep up with the posts, lol. That said, this will always be my internet home, where I pop it and eat all the food out of the fridge and dump a bag of dirty laundry for you all to enjoy. :)
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

akorcovelos wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:49 am
Dudley67 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:32 pm Funny I quit Facebook, due to privacy concerns, read some on here, but figured I was safer hanging out with this bunch of internet weirdo's than being tracked and categorized on Facebook.
you're 100% correct Dud, this place is 100x safer and better than Faceplace. I'm a sucker for convenience, and when I have only have a few min to jump on FB is just easier. Plus, this place has gotten so busy it gives me anxiety trying to keep up with the posts, lol. That said, this will always be my internet home, where I pop it and eat all the food out of the fridge and dump a bag of dirty laundry for you all to enjoy. :)
I completely understand and relate to this post.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Akro
We got a place on Green lake this year for a week. Middle of July! You should run up for the day!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 pm Akro
We got a place on Green lake this year for a week. Middle of July! You should run up for the day!
That’s right after we move into the new house, I’ll need to play it by ear. You renting a house or is it at a condo complex?
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

akorcovelos wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:21 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 pm Akro
That’s right after we move into the new house, I’ll need to play it by ear. You renting a house or is it at a condo complex?
I rented a cabin and my brother rented one also. I'm sure that won't be the only we are there this coming summer.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!