Hit Something Below Water Surface

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hit Something Below Water Surface

Post by Big Block Power »

Yea you don't know what will be floating in the water. I've seen in the spring was lp tanks. Flooding grabs anything from the yards here.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Get them fixed, that’s not as bad as it looks. When you pull the props put the muffs on and run it in gear, look for a wobble in the prop shafts. If it’s visually straight you’re likely fine, if it wobbles the drive needs some attention.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
TwoBurgers
Commander
Commander

Post by TwoBurgers »

Hi Gents!
I wanted to follow up on having my B3 prop set cupped (to reduce RPM by 100), balanced and polished. Note that there was no real damage to correct, so both props were $350. Performance wise, I took my '13 232 (Merc 350 Mag MPI) to the lake Wednesday to test everything out and see what MPH gain, if any, I would see. My max top GPS speed with stock props was 51.73 on 1/8 a tank of fuel and fully trimmed running close to 5250 RPM. My max top GPS speed with the "tuned" props was 52.03 on 2/3 a tank of fuel, non smooth water and fully trimmed running close to 5250 RPM.
I'm thinking that running an apples to apples comparison, I would pick up maybe 1+ MPH with the tuned props. That said, I do like how the props look polished, but the gain in performance alone is not worth the cost IMO. And, I just don't think my 368 hour Merc 350 has anything left in it at 52 MPH. Note that I normally cruse around at 30, but I enjoy opening her up at least once an outing. But, those polished props do look nice!!! :)
Chris
'13 Cobalt 232 - Merc 350 Mag MPI - B3 w/ Simrek drive shower
'17 Yamaha GP 1800 - Riva S/C Intake and Stage 1 plus re-flash
'07 Honda F-12X GPScape - MACSBoost module and IC
'13 Toyota 4Runner Limited - AirLift air bags
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Yea it really depends what you're trying to get out of her. I hate hill marine props. That said they Mahe a nice 4x4 set up for merc or a 4x3 set up. Yes it's more expensive but gain may be worth that.
I got 2k invested in my shinny props but they perform very well but didn't gain much on top end which was disappointing. It's hard to get everything. It's a give and take kind of thing.
Oh hey pictures?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!