Ballast tanks losing water after filling.

HairyGorilla
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Ballast tanks losing water after filling.

Post by HairyGorilla »

One side ballast on my R5 surf seems to fill with water at times when we leave it on the water. Not entirely sure if it happens while stationary or driving.

You think the solution is creating a loop in the fill line? Might need to inquire with my dealer this fall.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Man you sure would hope they would have that figured out by now.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Jeeper
Captain
Captain

Post by Jeeper »

HairyGorilla wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:00 pm One side ballast on my R5 surf seems to fill with water at times when we leave it on the water. Not entirely sure if it happens while stationary or driving.

You think the solution is creating a loop in the fill line? Might need to inquire with my dealer this fall.
I got the dealer to replace the ballast tank hoses and loop them higher than the top of the tanks. That seems to help with the tanks loosing water when Surfing. If I were to leave my boat unattended on the water I would close the gate valves to the ballast tanks .
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
HairyGorilla
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by HairyGorilla »

Jeeper wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:28 pm
HairyGorilla wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:00 pm One side ballast on my R5 surf seems to fill with water at times when we leave it on the water. Not entirely sure if it happens while stationary or driving.

I got the dealer to replace the ballast tank hoses and loop them higher than the top of the tanks. That seems to help with the tanks loosing water when Surfing. If I were to leave my boat unattended on the water I would close the gate valves to the ballast tanks .
Yes I've debated this when leaving the boat overnight. I've never closed them but there are 3 easy to reach valves right under the engine hood. I'll start doing this when in between lake days.