Buying a Condo - What do I need to know?

(non-boating; no politics!)
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Re: Buying a Condo - What do I need to know?

Post by Motex2011 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:46 am That looks like a really nice Lake. Plenty of room to stretch her legs out.
Prices seem really good. You can be on the water for under a 100k with no A/C!
Let's get this done!
You can get condos on the other side of the lake for less than $90K - 2 bed/2 bath. I looked at two last weekend and was thinking about one that had been updated, but they weren't lakefront or lake view. My St. Louis buddy who was down was correct in pointing out that I would regret it and want to upgrade in a few years.

The one we are looking at will be in the $250K range which is still good considering it is lakefront on the channel to be able to watch the lake activity. Plus, it is just around the bend from Hell's Gate which is the party cove spot and on the end of the lake which has the best water. Add to all of this, we can leave our house and be there in under 2 hours.

Lastly, this fun weekend a month before the regatta. I''ll get to see how the R5 does in chop Boys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Marker One M27
300 HP Mercury Verado outboard

Golden Retriever (Bailey), Flat Coated Retriever (Sadie)
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

That great Motex. The assessment is usually added to a HOA monthly fee for short term emergency repairs or updates as it exceeds the normal holdings from your projected HOA.

You may have a year where your HOA is 220.00 a month but an “ assessment fee” of $20.00 per month to take care of these non budget items.
Then the assessment fee is lifted ( you hope as it’s a timed estimate), and your normal HOA return.

I was checking out the area for infrastructure and it looks like that’s a great hub your in.
Gas Docks.
0ED54305-EE22-4540-83C0-AD5D55CAE159.png
Supermarkets
EE7EE9FC-FA60-4E37-8593-0B80CC59488C.png
Waterfront restaurants and lemonade stands close by boat!
63F6AE76-993A-400C-99D9-A5201AC4E429.png
6394A857-5061-41A4-8F6D-B60B8879CCA0.png
And my favorite.. Starbucks!
B24DA00A-5996-4AB9-B69C-8AC99CDC81EC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Table Rockin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:59 am I heard the news from TGrace but allow me to formally welcome you to Indian Point! We are in the low end Table Rock Resorts condos down the road across from the Harbor. Love it there. Is it Summer yet?
Thanks TR
Sheesh with the low end.. haaa. I’m looking forward to the time change in a few weeks. March gets things going!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Matt, Are you a robot? How do you think of all of that and make lemonade?
2015 Marker One M27

Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bfun220 »

Motex2011 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:58 pm Matt, Are you a robot? How do you think of all of that and make lemonade?
It's the lemonade. It kills the slowest brain cells allowing the remaining cells to move faster. After enough lemonade he's probably using 100% of his brain. So it only makes since he'd be able to figure out how accomplish any task in the most efficient manner .
2018 r5
2003 220
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Bfun220 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:17 pm
Motex2011 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:58 pm Matt, Are you a robot? How do you think of all of that and make lemonade?
It's the lemonade. It kills the slowest brain cells allowing the remaining cells to move faster. After enough lemonade he's probably using 100% of his brain. So it only makes since he'd be able to figure out how accomplish any task in the most efficient manner .
:lol: Thank you B!

Look it’s almost that time! Cheers!🍋
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

This lemonade keeps coming up. Did you guys get Pax to drink any last year?
2015 Marker One M27

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Motex2011 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 am This lemonade keeps coming up. Did you guys get Pax to drink any last year?
That's a silly question. Of course. Here he is next to me and across from Matt having lunch and lemonade 😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Took my wife to the condo yesterday and had breakfast with the current owners. Talked through things and we are moving forward. I use Merrill Lynch for advising and they still have to do a full condo review (looks at lots of things like litigation, assessments, and other serious stuff) and then we need to pick a date that works for both of us. The renovation is the big question mark, but they made a ton of progress this week and I'm encouraged that it is on track and the early word from the COA is that it is on budget, but more work will need to be done to confirm all of that.

The differences with the new roof and expanded balcony/patio area is significant. You can see a progression as they appear to be starting in Building A and working toward the end. Our unit is in Building D, so it now has the new roof and iron work and is ready for the balcony. Building A has the all of the new doors and windows installed and the balcony and railing is almost completed and they are finishing the ceiling work Based on how the work is progressing, it appears that they will get our first four buildings that face the lake done as they progress through the project. Based on that, our unit could be ready in April with the overall completion date in late May. I can post a video if anyone is interested.
2015 Marker One M27

Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:42 am
Motex2011 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 am This lemonade keeps coming up. Did you guys get Pax to drink any last year?
That's a silly question. Of course. Here he is next to me and across from Matt having lunch and lemonade 😂
Lobe looking at pics from the regatta.
2015 Marker One M27

cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Great news.
Knowing what’s coming for these cost ( what was in the current budget, and what is an added impact assessment) will help.
Very exciting , and nervous times ahead. Enjoy as once this passes you’ll have the place, and location that wowed you both.
Yeah we Loce pics! Imagine a Starbucks with a Dock? I’d never leave 🤣
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

cmattj wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:59 am I heard the news from TGrace but allow me to formally welcome you to Indian Point! We are in the low end Table Rock Resorts condos down the road across from the Harbor. Love it there. Is it Summer yet?
Thanks TR
Sheesh with the low end.. haaa. I’m looking forward to the time change in a few weeks. March gets things going!
Congrats on the new condo! Indian point area is awesome. What r your plans for the condo? How often will u plan to be there? Will bring your boat or buy another for table rock?
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:55 am Great news.
Knowing what’s coming for these cost ( what was in the current budget, and what is an added impact assessment) will help.
Very exciting , and nervous times ahead. Enjoy as once this passes you’ll have the place, and location that wowed you both.
Yeah we Loce pics! Imagine a Starbucks with a Dock? I’d never leave 🤣
Thank you sir. I am trying to manage the emotions because that Reno is still a big if should the workers encounter a problem. But, my wife is now 110% in which is always the hardest part. As far as the seller, I hope they are the kind of quality people that I think they are and they don't have second thoughts or try to do something else to make a few more dollars and we end up losing it. So, I'm cautiously optimistic and working on keeping the emotions in check.
2015 Marker One M27

cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

ajcampen wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:27 am
Congrats on the new condo! Indian point area is awesome. What r your plans for the condo? How often will u plan to be there? Will bring your boat or buy another for table rock?
Hey pal.
We had an opportunity to seize a great Condo currently in the Treehouse program. With its 2019 schedule it made sence for investment and I Loce staying there.
Branson has shown incredible growth of tourism in the last 6 years as even if there was no lake it would still be popular.
We plan 3 trips a year , and for this year I’ll sponsor fuel for my buds as I hitch rides or rent something ( as there everywhere) as that may be more feasible.
In the meantime I’ll be the one with my thumb out holding out $$... looking for a ride.
Oh I supply boozers as well 🤣
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Motex2011 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:39 am So, I'm cautiously optimistic and working on keeping the emotions in check.
So exciting right. That’s part of the fun.

Let’s see... Ground floor... True walk in and walk out back with no steps?? Whaaaaaaat??
See it’s worth being excited. It will happen.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON