2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: My 2 cents on wheel bearings

Post by Big Block Power »

Alaskabound wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:39 pm I just hope my Vault hubs last as long as this thread has! Lol

Dub
Nice one Dub😅😅
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Brokentoy1
Commander
Commander

Post by Brokentoy1 »

Well my 2021 heritage trailer with less than 1,000 miles on it has a bad vault hub. It leaks grease like crazy out the back. I’m waiting to hear from the dealer on it. Kinda sucks, not gonna lie.
Alaskabound
Captain
Captain

Post by Alaskabound »

Gosh sorry for that. Guess I’ve been lucky so far but evidently there’s no perfect solution. I hope you will follow up with your results. If I have problems or need service, not sure where I can go. Thanks

Dub
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Alaskabound wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:14 am Gosh sorry for that. Guess I’ve been lucky so far but evidently there’s no perfect solution. I hope you will follow up with your results. If I have problems or need service, not sure where I can go. Thanks

Dub
Id call the sheriff's bilge princess 👸👸😅😅
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
shrfdeputy
Captain
Captain

Post by shrfdeputy »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:30 pm
Alaskabound wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:14 am Gosh sorry for that. Guess I’ve been lucky so far but evidently there’s no perfect solution. I hope you will follow up with your results. If I have problems or need service, not sure where I can go. Thanks

Dub
😂😂 Me too!
1995 252
VP 7.4 GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

shrfdeputy wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:33 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:30 pm

Dub
😂😂 Me too!
Your so funny. I love it you tag yourself too the posts. I know how to get a hold of you 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MentorPilot
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MentorPilot »

More on The Vault hubs. I was just talking to the trailer manufacturer for my new R5. I asked about Vault hubs and he said that they come standard on their trailers. He said to be sure to register my hubs with the Vault company. Apparently Vault hubs come standard on their trailers with a 5 year warranty, but if you pay $50 for an extended warranty (for all 4 hubs), you get 10 years. The factory guy said this is well worth the investment and her recommends. I will probably do this when I take delivery late this fall or next spring. BTW, I have Vault hubs on my fishing boat trailer and so far I love them after 4 years of use. In contrast, I just pulled and repacked the bearings on my old Four Winns 240 boat trailer. Even though the trailer gets only about 4 miles per year, and it sits inside, the bearings and races were marginal. Sitting is just not good for them. The new owner is getting all new rubber, but has been advised to replace bearings.
Brokentoy1
Commander
Commander

Post by Brokentoy1 »

How long is acceptable for warranty work? My dealer is at a month now for fixing the vault hubs on my brand new trailer. It’s very frustrating.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Brokentoy1 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:15 pm How long is acceptable for warranty work? My dealer is at a month now for fixing the vault hubs on my brand new trailer. It’s very frustrating.
Yes that's not. Hopefully the boat is in the water or you can get your boat in the water. Seems odd for just wheel bearings. We will send the sheriff's bilge princess there to get them fixed in 1 day 🤣🤣
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
shrfdeputy
Captain
Captain

Post by shrfdeputy »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:38 pm
Brokentoy1 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:15 pm How long is acceptable for warranty work? My dealer is at a month now for fixing the vault hubs on my brand new trailer. It’s very frustrating.
Yes that's not. Hopefully the boat is in the water or you can get your boat in the water. Seems odd for just wheel bearings. We will send the sheriff's bilge princess there to get them fixed in 1 day 🤣🤣
She would have had that done in an hour! 😂
1995 252
VP 7.4 GL
Brokentoy1
Commander
Commander

Post by Brokentoy1 »

I want it fixed , but don’t feel the need to do it myself when it’s under warranty.
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Hey there everyone, been a while! I smoked a bearing last week, literally, put on quite a show rolling through the neighborhood, lol.

Any new options on what to go with? Are the vortex hubs still the cats meow?
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Snowman8
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Snowman8 »

My last trailer he Vault hubs and I never had any trouble with them in the 4 years I had it. I was always wondering when one would fail. My new trailer had Dexter EZ lube axels. I like this system better because I can pop the cap off a few times a year to inspect and pump fresh grease in and get the old out. A little maintenance goes a long way.
bruceb58
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by bruceb58 »

Snowman8 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:09 am My last trailer he Vault hubs and I never had any trouble with them in the 4 years I had it. I was always wondering when one would fail. My new trailer had Dexter EZ lube axels. I like this system better because I can pop the cap off a few times a year to inspect and pump fresh grease in and get the old out. A little maintenance goes a long way.
You are better off pulling them and packing manually.

I have a picture somewhere of a person who covered his brakes with grease. I have EZ-lube on my travel trailer. I never use it...hand pack only.
2017 R5 350HP Mercruiser Bravo III
Northridge, CA
Big Bear Lake, CA
South Lake Tahoe, CA