Canadians on Cobalt Chat

For those not in the United States
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Re: Canadians on Cobalt Chat

Post by willyswagon »

Yep. Flurries in the Cape Breton Highlands( just across the Northumberland Strait from me(50 miles), and 4" of snow in Cental Nfld.
We(Canadians) have renamed this month June-uary. The weather has been terriable. No one other than the commercial fisherman are on the water. Air temps in the 60's, with water temp in the 50's.

POISON!!!

Things are looking better for the Canada Day long weekend
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

:lol:
AsLan7 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm So our Canadian squadron consists of 1 and a half persons? :|
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

Sheesh! Possibly up to mYbe 3-3/4 Canadians, depending on some paperwork...no wait that was for a boat... c’mon Canada! I wnt to Windsor dor a pizza when in Detroit a while back. Does that count as 1/4 to help round off this counting nightmare?
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

I live in Manitoba and boat on Lake Winnipeg in my new 2016 Cobalt 210. Every time I go out, I appreciate more and more what Cobalt offers owners.
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
Nicad
Commander
Commander

Post by Nicad »

Let's add another Canadian.I boat on Lake Muskoka and I'd have to think there are more Cobalt's per square mile on this lake than any other. I have a cosmetically challenged 226. What a great boat. Hopefully it will last the rest of my life. I find it extremely well made and pretty fast for 280hp.
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Post by willyswagon »

Nicad wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:53 pm Let's add another Canadian.I boat on Lake Muskoka and I'd have to think there are more Cobalt's per square mile on this lake than any other. I have a cosmetically challenged 226. What a great boat. Hopefully it will last the rest of my life. I find it extremely well made and pretty fast for 280hp.
Welcome to the Canadian Club! Who is the dealer in your area? I have no dealer down here and the 2 dealers I've tried said they are wide open looking after "their core group", I'm on the back burner for now.
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by BobRae99 »

willyswagon wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 am
Nicad wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:53 pm Let's add another Canadian.I boat on Lake Muskoka and I'd have to think there are more Cobalt's per square mile on this lake than any other. I have a cosmetically challenged 226. What a great boat. Hopefully it will last the rest of my life. I find it extremely well made and pretty fast for 280hp.
Welcome to the Canadian Club! Who is the dealer in your area? I have no dealer down here and the 2 dealers I've tried said they are wide open looking after "their core group", I'm on the back burner for now.
Pretty sure Walker's Point Marina is the dealer in his area. I think they are the largest dealer in Canada for Cobalt.
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Post by willyswagon »

BobRae99 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:37 pm
willyswagon wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 am
Pretty sure Walker's Point Marina is the dealer in his area. I think they are the largest dealer in Canada for Cobalt.
Thanks Bob. I tried 2 dealers with no luck. Called a dealer in Maine, they order from Commercial Sewing every month. They had a price within a day. The US $ is the killer!
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"
Edge70
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Edge70 »

Late to the party but I have a 2008 272. Location in Belleville, Ontario. We live on the Bay of Quinte and boat there and in Lake Ontario.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Edge70 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:26 pm Late to the party but I have a 2008 272. Location in Belleville, Ontario. We live on the Bay of Quinte and boat there and in Lake Ontario.
Hey E70. Welcome to the CobaltChat forum. So glad you found us!

How is your 272 powered? Any pics? I bet you have some beautiful lake scenery while cruising the Bay of Quinte in your 272.

Again, welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)