Hot Boat Hardy Dam

(IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)
arcticzale
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hot Boat Hardy Dam

Post by arcticzale »

Anyone from CC going to HotBoat in Newaygo this weekend? Gonna trailer down tomorrow and hopefully launch early Saturday. Have a good crew coming down from the U.P. for the festivities. It'd be cool to see some other Cobalts out there...
Black on White 282 with 8.1GXi
On the Shores of Superior
Red Stripe
Commander
Commander

Re: Hot Boat Hardy Dam

Post by Red Stripe »

Sounds like a blast, considering coming over early Saturday AM. Never been there before, what is the chance of launching on Saturday?
Red Stripe
"If it was easy everyone would do it"
Cobalt 263
arcticzale
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by arcticzale »

Red Stripe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 am Sounds like a blast, considering coming over early Saturday AM. Never been there before, what is the chance of launching on Saturday?
I'm launching Saturday, planning on a 10a.m. departure which might not be early enough for shallow water. It looks like boats were already lining up last night based on the posts the Admiral saw on Facebook. We will be leaving Big Bend launch, have friends camping there. Come on out, we'll be there with the 282 and a few other hotboats!
Red Stripe
Commander
Commander

Post by Red Stripe »

Thanks for the info, just got home and found out that I will be taking the in laws on a tour of Lake Huron tomorrow.... maybe next year.
Red Stripe
"If it was easy everyone would do it"
Cobalt 263
arcticzale
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by arcticzale »

Red Stripe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:19 pm Thanks for the info, just got home and found out that I will be taking the in laws on a tour of Lake Huron tomorrow.... maybe next year.
There's nothing wrong with that, that's quality time with family.

This is our 3rd year for HotBoat, it's a good time and worth the trip for us. Not much boating since it's a raft up, but the people watching is awesome. It's like a small scale Jobbie Nooner. Same crew puts this on. Maybe see you next year!
vans
Captain
Captain

Post by vans »

We have a cottage close to the dam, been boating there for 35 years, yet I've only been to one hot boat, my wife isn't to keen on the sights :(
We do hang out at the cove a lot, and will be heading up there this weekend for our last boating trip of the year.
3pointstar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 3pointstar »

My son and I went to Hardy Dam on a whim - It wasn't during Hot Boat Weekend - We are not prudes by any stretch - but what we saw is not for us-- thank you very much
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

3pointstar wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:46 am My son and I went to Hardy Dam on a whim - It wasn't during Hot Boat Weekend - We are not prudes by any stretch - but what we saw is not for us-- thank you very much

Hey 3point star, any chance you could expand on that? Sounds like it is not very family friendly.

Btw, it took you almost two years to come out of the woodwork with your first post....so proud of you! :P How did you get into Cobalt boats? :?:

....and welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
3pointstar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 3pointstar »

Though this was posted --

Don't understand the comment that it has been 2 years -- I thought I just joined a couple of months ago -- oh well.

regarding Hardy Dam

We were going to participate in the West Coast Offshore Muskegon Power Boat Weekend - but mother nature had different ideas. It rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock - So on a whim we drove a few miles to Hardy Dam and put in- not a cloud in the sky and hot. The water was little low so we had to watch for stuffs that were floating - but we were able to air the feather out - and ran with a number of - much more horse power- boats that ours.

Like I said I'm a prude and I as we know hot weather, sun and water allows for a little less clothes - but when the "girls" are out more than not - it just isn't right- I think it could have been a little awkward for family's.

Can't wait for spring to get here

Take care and have a great Christmas to all.

3pointstar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

3pointstar wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 pm Though this was posted --

Don't understand the comment that it has been 2 years -- I thought I just joined a couple of months ago -- oh well.

3pointstar
This is when it shows you joined. And we welcome you anytime😂😂

Yea we are with the family 99% of the time and they're is a place and time for that but not with kids. I'm sure most of us feel the same way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
3pointstar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 3pointstar »

Can't argue with the data - the second thing to go is the brain and for the life of me I can't remember the first !

3pointstar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

3pointstar wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:14 pm Can't argue with the data - the second thing to go is the brain and for the life of me I can't remember the first !

3pointstar
Very true. Why do we always forget the first. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Welcome 3point! As BB said, we'll take you anytime!

Your story reminds me of a weekend back in the fall.

A buddy was having a company reunion and called asking us to come over to party cove. We may cruise through there once a summer, and a lot of times dont go in deep,but turn around at the craziness. Lots of drinking and drunk boat captians... and we don't need to be tied up in all that.

I told him as much, and he said they were the only ones there. This was way after Labor Day weekend and the season was over, so we loaded up and headed that way.

When we got there this group had five boats all tied together. These guys had worked with each other for 30 years or so, and half of them had already retired and the other half will be retiring in the next few months. We were the only outsiders that didn't really know anyone, but my buddy was the ringleader of this group, so we pulled up, slid in and tied off.

We were having a great time and these folks were letting their hair down. We were the only group in the cove when two boatloads of kids came pulling in. Without a seconds hesitation they slid right up, backed in and tied off with our group. These kids were all in their 20s and were out for a party. What was funny was watching the expression on their faces when this group was out-doing them! Between the drinking and the dancing... and any of these guys we were tied up to could be these kids grandparents!

When the boat on the end started stripping, we made our exit. But it was after I had laughed myself into tears! I should have videoed those kids. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I can only imagine what was going through their minds about their parents when they aren't there! It was pretty funny.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!