Cobalt 262 / 263 walk way carpets

Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Cobalt 262 / 263 walk way carpets

Post by Ytmsn »

smokymance wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:22 am Ytmsn, do you have the interior portion done as well? I’d like to see how that turned out. So far I only have the inner step, walkway and rear deck.
Sorry, just now seeing this. No, I have carpet in the boat. The Nauti's have done their complete interior, but for me the carpet is easier. And since mine is new I'll run with it for awhile.
If I've having any work done to the boat I always cover the swimdeck and pull the carpet so someone isn't tracking crap in. Hard to get those guys to remove shoes every time.

A7, to answer your question, my lower deck is in 3 pieces, so if it gets a bad tear I'd just replace one. But that being said, when I replaced the grey to brown I had to pull that stuff off. Let me tell you, that material is tough! It will tear and pull apart, but it's a struggle! And when it's all stuck down the synergy of it comes together. A dog could gouge it though. So far I haven't seen that.

If you put it on the decks and walk through you wont regret it!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Cobalt 262 / 263 walk way carpets

Post by AsLan7 »

Ytmsn wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:50 am
smokymance wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:22 am Ytmsn, do you have the interior portion done as well? I’d like to see how that turned out. So far I only have the inner step, walkway and rear deck.
Sorry, just now seeing this. No, I have carpet in the boat. The Nauti's have done their complete interior, but for me the carpet is easier. And since mine is new I'll run with it for awhile.
If I've having any work done to the boat I always cover the swimdeck and pull the carpet so someone isn't tracking crap in. Hard to get those guys to remove shoes every time.

A7, to answer your question, my lower deck is in 3 pieces, so if it gets a bad tear I'd just replace one. But that being said, when I replaced the grey to brown I had to pull that stuff off. Let me tell you, that material is tough! It will tear and pull apart, but it's a struggle! And when it's all stuck down the synergy of it comes together. A dog could gouge it though. So far I haven't seen that.

If you put it on the decks and walk through you wont regret it!

Thx buddy. It definitely looks sharp.
Carpet is just so easy currently with no gouging worries, cool to the feet; and low maintenance.
Still on the fence with this one. 🤔

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Tambourine
Ensign