New Member Kentucky

Stagdad
Commander
Commander

New Member Kentucky

Post by Stagdad »

Hey folks, I have been reading on this site for a couple years now and lusting after a Cobalt of my own for more than that. I have been looking for a used one that fits my wants and needs but could never find what I wanted used; wrong color, wrong engine, wrong price, etc. As you all know the savings on a good clean used one vs. a new one wasn't that great. One of the things I kept bothering the wife with was look at the used values! For a little more let's get the one we want! Soooo... I finally found a brand new leftover 2017 220s, significantly discounted. It's not my dream color with the dream engine that I built on the Cobalt website a hundred times but it's pretty close. Close enough that I have pulled the proverbial trigger. The wheels are in motion and I will be taking delivery before Thanksgiving. I traded the old Stingray that I've owned since new (2000) and will soon be a Cobalt owner. Besides the reputation, quality and resale, the thing that put me over the top,the thing no one else has except the cheaters at Sea-Ray was the fold down swim step. I haven't tried one but it seems it will be easier for some of the folks I take with me to get on board easier. I'm betting 60+ K on it! See you around Lake Cumberland and Dale Hollow. Brian :D
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
Away Port Lake Cumberland / Dale Hollow
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: New Member Kentucky

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey Brian. So glad you found us!

Congratulations on your new baby. :D

Can’t wait to see pics my friend.
Maybe you want to join us for the Cobalt factory tour on December 14th.

Welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Welcome from St Louis! Awesome story and glad you finally got your dream! Now let’s see some pics 😜
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Stagdad
Commander
Commander

Post by Stagdad »

Thanks, Don't have it yet but pics are still on the site. https://www.marinesalesofpickwick.com/.Got a better deal than what was asking price, so I had to.Close enough. My local dealer is affiliated with Pickwick, Lake Viking and another so they have to haul it up here for me. Can't wait. Just in time for winter storage . :cry:
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Welcome from California! Garage boating is fun ! As it is the season for it. I tried your link but it didn’t show pics.? Just a Canadian pharmacy site ( kidding).

Find some some pics and post them up. You got it from a greatly know Dealer so I’m sure it’s special.!!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Stagdad
Commander
Commander

Post by Stagdad »

Sorry, screwed up the copy paste. https://www.marinesalesofpickwick.com/ Solid Pacific Blue, Red boot stripe.
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

How’s this link?

Is this her? Very nice 👍🏼

https://www.marinesalesofpickwick.com/b ... e-6051044/
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Very nice. I wonder why she didn't sell earlier. Congrats and welcome from Wisconsin.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

Welcome from KY and DHL! We visit LCK sometimes. You will love the ride of the cobalt on the crazy holiday LCK weekends.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L - Currently Listed At Down the Road Motors
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Stagdad
Commander
Commander

Post by Stagdad »

BBP, I asked the sales rep why it may have sat so long. My guess was the color scheme (too blue?). He said that that Pickwick doesn't sell too many "smaller" boats. Doesn't matter. It was close enough and discounted enough that it tipped me over the edge. My dream scheme was navy hull side with yellow or red boot stripe, white hull bottom, tan or saddle interior and a 350HP VP. Merc would've been ok but I think I'm going to like the easy drain closed cooling heat exchanger and the fact that it is a GM engine design that is produced in the the millions. The only options missing for me were sea-dek or marine mat on the swim step and fender clips.To build a 2019 with the same options was 10K more. So its not navy but I can live with the pacific blue. Still a brand new boat that I have been angling/saving up for years to get. Maybe someday some enterprising soul will come up with the ECU chip/ reflash and I can make it a 350. I hope it was worth the wait. Brian
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Man that is preeeeeety! Welcome from Oklahoma Brian and so glad you have joined us! You will love skimming across the lake in that bad-boy with your family making memories!
And we can certainly help with upgrading things like marine mat and clips. Both are easy to add.

I predict it will be a long winter for you, but as Matt said, the next best thing is garage boating. Climb in, turn up the tunes, have a snack and a beverage and let it all go. (Almost) just as good as setting in the middle of the lake at night watching the stars!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Cycleman6
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycleman6 »

Welcome to the Forum! My first Cobalt was a 17 220S. Loved that boat. Had it the end of the 16 Season, and all of 17. Traded up to my R5 this spring I ordered at the Boat Show.
2018 R5 (SOLD)
6.2L VP 380HP
Ordering R4 SURF
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Post by 2ridgebacks »

Welcome to the forum from a Hoosier that boats in KY. Rough River, but Dale Hollow and Cumberland are on the list for a visit.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
Alaskabound
Captain
Captain

Post by Alaskabound »

Another Ky welcome! We have a 2017 220 with 280 hp duo prop and love it. Don’t know if you had a chance to test drive before you bought but if you didn’t, you may be pleasantly surprised with the performance. We boat at Laurel Lake around Corbin.
Good luck.

Dub
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
Stagdad
Commander
Commander

Post by Stagdad »

No, have never even driven a Cobalt. I'm going on reputation. Have never driven a Duo-prop either. I'm hoping this V-8 300 coupled with the two props will pull like a tractor out of the hole and have the HP to crack the 50 mph mark. Thanks everyone for the welcome. 8-)
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY