Golf Carts

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Golf Carts

Post by Table Rockin »

So if our condo ever sells we will be purchasing one that is as close to my marina as I can get. In this area, I can operate a golf cart and I would like to purchase one, again assuming all the dominoes fall here. Anyone have experience with local branson/TRL distributors? Seems like there are a few in the area but their websites suck. Needs to be street legal and in the $6,000 or less budget. Has to be electric. There is no place to fill up in the area I'm operating it.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Golf Carts

Post by akorcovelos »

I have a good friend that runs a large cart business, but he’s in Ocala, FL.. He has great deals though, might be worth the haul.

http://crazygatorlandcarts.com/
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

Table Rockin wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm So if our condo ever sells we will be purchasing one that is as close to my marina as I can get. In this area, I can operate a golf cart and I would like to purchase one, again assuming all the dominoes fall here. Anyone have experience with local branson/TRL distributors? Seems like there are a few in the area but their websites suck. Needs to be street legal and in the $6,000 or less budget. Has to be electric. There is no place to fill up in the area I'm operating it.
Table Do they make an electric street legal cart?? Gas would be the way to go. Just keep a gas can around. Plus have you priced batteries for the
electric carts? Just sayin
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

gdane wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm So if our condo ever sells we will be purchasing one that is as close to my marina as I can get. In this area, I can operate a golf cart and I would like to purchase one, again assuming all the dominoes fall here. Anyone have experience with local branson/TRL distributors? Seems like there are a few in the area but their websites suck. Needs to be street legal and in the $6,000 or less budget. Has to be electric. There is no place to fill up in the area I'm operating it.
Table Do they make an electric street legal cart?? Gas would be the way to go. Just keep a gas can around. Plus have you priced batteries for the
electric carts? Just sayin
As far as i know they do. Ive seen lots on atvtrader.com. they are 48V now and from what little ive read they perform very well. Im limited to driving 20 mph as well. The whole area speed limit is 25 mph max. Golf carts are restricted to 20 mph on those roads. Anything over a 25 mph road and im restricted from operating completely.
"The Mistress"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 pm I have a good friend that runs a large cart business, but he’s in Ocala, FL.. He has great deals though, might be worth the haul.

http://crazygatorlandcarts.com/
Thanks for the link akor. Ill check them out for sure
"The Mistress"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

If you shop around you can find a pretty good deal on an LSV (low speed vehicle) that can be tagged or already will be. It'll come street legal with hi-low beam, blinkers, brake lights, wiper and horn. My is a 48 volt with an onboard charger and will run 25 mph, which is fast for a cart. And the back seat will flip over for a cargo area.
20170615_204035.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Nice YT!
"The Mistress"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

My 2 cents,
Last year I bought an EZGO L6 electric. 72 volt. Will pull the hills in my HOA while still accelerating. Gas carts are faster, noisier, and they have to haul gas. I'm on my second electric and wouldn't even consider gas. I can get about 30 miles out of a charge, and that's more than I will ever drive. My last set of batteries lasted me +7 years just adding water and charging them after every run.

My last electric 48v would run 26 mph. That's plenty fast in a golf cart. My L6 only runs about 16 mph, but pulls like a train.

Some of the gas cart owners love them and wouldn't consider electric. Personal choice.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Driller wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 pm My 2 cents,
Last year I bought an EZGO L6 electric. 72 volt. Will pull the hills in my HOA while still accelerating. Gas carts are faster, noisier, and they have to haul gas. I'm on my second electric and wouldn't even consider gas. I can get about 30 miles out of a charge, and that's more than I will ever drive. My last set of batteries lasted me +7 years just adding water and charging them after every run.

My last electric 48v would run 26 mph. That's plenty fast in a golf cart. My L6 only runs about 16 mph, but pulls like a train.

Some of the gas cart owners love them and wouldn't consider electric. Personal choice.
So the 72 volt is slower than the 48 volt? I assume you can get a 72 volt to go faster but you have it geared for hills? I've had plenty experience driving both gas and electric and yes I'm more of fan of electric. I dont like how noisy they can get. Driller did you buy new or used?
"The Mistress"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Driller you need to post a pic of that bad boy!

TR he has a pimped out ride that any gangsta would be proud of!

I have always used an electric cart over the years. I had a gas powered EZ for a short time but sold it becauseI like the quietness of an electric. Lots of times we go for a ride around the neighborhood after dinner when we're at the lake and the gas machine was just to noisy. Keep the batteries maintained and they dont cost any more than what fuel and maintenance will cost with a gas powered cart. But some will argue that point...
"Black Boats Matter"
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

We have a 48v cart and a 700efi UTV LSV, both have a place, but when going to/from the boat we always use the cart because its quiet and can drive through the grass right up to the dock without tearing up the yard.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Table Rockin wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:59 am
Driller wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 pm My 2 cents,

So the 72 volt is slower than the 48 volt? I assume you can get a 72 volt to go faster but you have it geared for hills? I've had plenty experience driving both gas and electric and yes I'm more of fan of electric. I dont like how noisy they can get. Driller did you buy new or used?
The RXV I bought used and kept it 7 years and sold it for $600 less than I paid. In order to get the 72v I had to buy new. Then my wife got involved which is another story. The reason my new cart is pimped out.
"DIGGIN' IT"
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Picked it up yesterday. Love it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Mistress"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Hey that looks great! Congratulations!
Golf carts can be a whole different level of...excessive?

I started with an old 36 volt. Plain and simple, and the old timers told me I probably wouldn't like it because a 36 volt is not designed to go slow around a neighborhood, they were designed for the golf course going wide open between holes. But I bought it cheap and kept running across little deals here and there on things to add to it. Pretty soon it was pimped out.

But what they told me is right. If you feather the power, it will eventually burn up the wires because it gets to hot. So after a few years and a few fixes, it's down the road motors. But it looked cool, so on CL it brought a really good price!
20160402_191319-1.jpg

Now I have a 48 volt LSV. All I've added is the LED light bar for night rides. It runs 25 on flat ground, and 35 downhill (that feels like 50 in a golf cart)
We love it and can't imagine a weekend at the lake without it!

I had one of these for a while. Street legal and will run about 50. It looks cool, but a cart is waaay more better. I wouldn't recommend one.
20161205_075705.jpg
"Black Boats Matter"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Table Rockin wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:52 pm Picked it up yesterday. Love it.
Same cart my as my last one. You'll be happy with the RXV. Add the speed kit (software upgrade) and she'll do 26 mph.
"DIGGIN' IT"