Golf Carts

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Golf Carts

Post by Table Rockin »

Driller wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:46 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:27 pm

TR my charger is on board underneath the front seat. And yes, I leave it plugged in all the time summer and winter. If you set your charger on a block with a cover on the entire cart you should be fine.
Perfect. Thanks YT. I posted this same question in the BGW forum and they also concurred. I was mostly worried about the heat of the summer and it its impact on the charger. Should be back to good!
Mine is onboard under the front seat also. If it gets too hot it goes into some sort of slow charge mode. So far no problem.

One tip, can't recall exactly, but my charger requires an 8 or 10 gauge extension cord and its own receptacle. Tried a smaller cord (slow charge mode), and a bigger cord plugged into a surge protector (slow charge mode). Finally used the bigger cord on a 15 or 20 amp breaker. No problems. Of course the longer the distance the bigger the cord has to be. I ended up with an 8 gauge X 50' if memory serves me correctly.
Driller thats exactly what I think is going to happen here is I will plug into a spot in their warehouse but have to run it about 50'. I will look for the 8 gauge as I've read about that very thing you mentioned over long distance. Again mine is not an onboard charger. It will simply rest on a block on the floorboards. I'm sure if that doesnt work my batteries will tell me soon enough but hopefully the charger can handle it.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)