Looking for pics of a 246 with factory extended platform

(190 through 360)
Whataboutbob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Looking for pics of a 246 with factory extended platform

Post by Whataboutbob »

I just got a 2000 246 and would have loved to have found one with extended platform but no such luck. I don't care for the way the swimplatforms.com unit looks on the 246. I am thinking ofreplicating the factory platformunless someone has a lead on one for sale.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Looking for pics of a 246 with factory extended platform

Post by Big Block Power »

Not to many good pictures out there. But try this one.
I didn't see it as a option for that year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
pickwick226
Ensign
Ensign

Post by pickwick226 »

I would like one also for my 226 as i don't care for the look of swimplatforms.com's option. Do we know if the platforms for the 206/226/246 are all the same? that could possibly broaden the search for a factory platform.
Whataboutbob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Whataboutbob »

Hoping that there is someone out there with this platform on their boat. I am thinking of having it replicated and saw a picture somewhere of brackets that bolted inside the the "outdrive tunnel" and project out to support the platform.
BeaverLakeR5
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BeaverLakeR5 »

Whataboutbob wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm Hoping that there is someone out there with this platform on their boat. I am thinking of having it replicated and saw a picture somewhere of brackets that bolted inside the the "outdrive tunnel" and project out to support the platform.
You are correct that it is bolted to the inside of the outdrive tunnel & extend out. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures that show that. Here are a few pics that I dug up. I sold the boat last fall otherwise I'd offer to take whatever pics you needed.
Boat3.jpg
Boat1.jpg
Boat 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Like this
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
kwilliard
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kwilliard »

I have a 2001 246 with the factory extended swim platform. It was not an option that year but I took the boat to the factory and they retrofitted the OEM extended swim platform to my boat. If you are still looking for pictures let me know and I can take some for you.
kwilliard
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kwilliard »

Here are some pictures....
Whataboutbob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Whataboutbob »

BeaverLakeR5 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:38 pm
Whataboutbob wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm Hoping that there is someone out there with this platform on their boat. I am thinking of having it replicated and saw a picture somewhere of brackets that bolted inside the the "outdrive tunnel" and project out to support the platform.
You are correct that it is bolted to the inside of the outdrive tunnel & extend out. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures that show that. Here are a few pics that I dug up. I sold the boat last fall otherwise I'd offer to take whatever pics you needed.

Boat3.jpg
Boat1.jpg
Boat 2.jpg
Ok, so now I am more convinced than ever that this is what is needed. Thank you for the pics
Whataboutbob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Whataboutbob »

kwilliard wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:18 pm I have a 2001 246 with the factory extended swim platform. It was not an option that year but I took the boat to the factory and they retrofitted the OEM extended swim platform to my boat. If you are still looking for pictures let me know and I can take some for you.
Thanks for the pics. Are there any support rods other than the two brackets? Is the pinned rail connection in one of your pics at the rail surrounding the platform? Other pics don't seem to sow that connection. Would it be possible to get an over all pic of the bottom of the platform? I am hoping to get enough detail to have contemporary fiberglass replicate it reasonably close. Thanks again
kwilliard
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kwilliard »

The 2 brackets are the only support rods. I will get some pictures tomorrow of the full underside. Yes, the pin is in the rail between the swim platform and the hole in the transom where the support rail enters the boat.
BeaverLakeR5
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BeaverLakeR5 »

Whataboutbob wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:48 am Ok, so now I am more convinced than ever that this is what is needed. Thank you for the pics
Yes, you need it. I couldn't imagine the boat without it. ;)
Whataboutbob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Whataboutbob »

pickwick226 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:53 am I would like one also for my 226 as i don't care for the look of swimplatforms.com's option. Do we know if the platforms for the 206/226/246 are all the same? that could possibly broaden the search for a factory platform.
I have searched ebay and done google searches with no success. I spoke to Contemporary Fiberglass in Spokane this morning and he thought it was entirely do-able. I'll keep you posted.
kwilliard
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kwilliard »

Here are some additional pictures of the extended swim platform.
kwilliard
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kwilliard »

Final couple of pics.