Corsa leak....

smokymance
Commander
Commander

Re: Corsa leak....

Post by smokymance »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:35 am No my worry is clearance between the S and the steering linkage under it. Mine is super tight. Also can you take a picture of the tips from outside. I think the 262 263 has a bunch more room then mine when I looked at YT's.
I noticed they welded your S right to the diverter pipes. I could get that done now seeing yours but I have the rubber hoses so that might help with the room I have. More pictures the better. Yours is the first gxi I have seen so that helps. Thanks.
I’ll take some more for you. Here are some from outside when I was in there working on the drive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 Cobalt 263 8.1L GXi
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

smokymance wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:47 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:35 am No my worry is clearance between the S and the steering linkage under it. Mine is super tight. Also can you take a picture of the tips from outside. I think the 262 263 has a bunch more room then mine when I looked at YT's.
I noticed they welded your S right to the diverter pipes. I could get that done now seeing yours but I have the rubber hoses so that might help with the room I have. More pictures the better. Yours is the first gxi I have seen so that helps. Thanks.
I’ll take some more for you. Here are some from outside when I was in there working on the drive.
Thank you
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

smokymance wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:41 pm A7, how fast do your flappers open and close?. what condition are your actuator boots in? My port side wasn’t opening very smoothly and would get stuck. Upon inspection the boots were in rough shape and almost deteriorating. Holes on them allowed all kind of dirt inside so I took them off, cleaned the actuator shafts, lubed them a tad and they seem to work smooth now. I’m just worried they are exposed w no boots now. Might have to call Corsa to see if they sell these boots separately.
Ok found. I think corsa used diesel fuel cut off solenoids to activate the diverter.
Here's the dust boot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
smokymance
Commander
Commander

Post by smokymance »

Ur a genius!!! Can I give you another task to find me a swim platform ? 🤪
2003 Cobalt 263 8.1L GXi
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

smokymance wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:28 pm Ur a genius!!! Can I give you another task to find me a swim platform ? 🤪
Yea I have that covered.
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006 ... 103653180/
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
smokymance
Commander
Commander

Post by smokymance »

Ur good. I’ll get my impact ready 💯
2003 Cobalt 263 8.1L GXi
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

smokymance wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:19 pm Ur good. I’ll get my impact ready 💯
I think they put the hin number on it though. So the bad is it can be traced. Lol. One of these days we will find one
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
smokymance
Commander
Commander

Post by smokymance »

Lol I’ll leave a check in the rear compartment with a thank you card!
2003 Cobalt 263 8.1L GXi
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

smokymance wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:40 pm Lol I’ll leave a check in the rear compartment with a thank you card!
Nice touch. I'm sure you would hear from them again. Lol
Hopefully one will come up for sale some day.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Well. I got lazy.

After realizing how difficult it is to dismantle & separate the Captain’s Call diverter from the exhaust riser and respective boots (this step is a bear), I decided to get creative. Instead of replacing the O-ring, I wondered if some type of packing material product exists that still allows the diverters to operate normally yet seals the leak.

Hmmmm...FlexTape looks interesting while standing in line at the local Ace hardware store. Maybe I’ll try wrapping the butterfly actuation rod that leaks with a thin strip of FlexTape.

Cut a strip. Wrap it. Tuck it into the slot with a screwdriver and......wahlah. No leak!

Well that was easy. Do a few test runs. Operate the diverter several times. No issues.

So far I can highly recommend this product!

(PS, I’m not a paid spokesman nor do I have any affiliation with FlexSeal, FlexTape, or any related products. ;) )

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

AsLan7 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:40 pm .
Well. I got lazy.

After realizing how difficult it is to dismantle & separate the Captain’s Call diverter from the exhaust riser and respective boots (this step is a bear), I decided to get creative. Instead of replacing the O-ring, I wondered if some type of packing material product exists that still allows the diverters to operate normally yet seals the leak.

Hmmmm...FlexTape looks interesting while standing in line at the local Ace hardware store. Maybe I’ll try wrapping the butterfly actuation rod that leaks with a thin strip of FlexTape.

Cut a strip. Wrap it. Tuck it into the slot with a screwdriver and......wahlah. No leak!

Well that was easy. Do a few test runs. Operate the diverter several times. No issues.

So far I can highly recommend this product!

(PS, I’m not a paid spokesman nor do I have any affiliation with FlexSeal, FlexTape, or any related products. ;) )

Nicely done!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
OldManWinter
Ensign
Ensign

Post by OldManWinter »

AsLan7 you inspired me to make this repair myself. Mine are leaking on both sides. Something is wrong with the video you have below, can you repost a link (or check that youtube didn't delete since it's been a few years)? Thanks a ton!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

OldManWinter wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:40 am AsLan7 you inspired me to make this repair myself. Mine are leaking on both sides. Something is wrong with the video you have below, can you repost a link (or check that youtube didn't delete since it's been a few years)? Thanks a ton!
Fixed
Although it’s a video of the leak so not sure that’s going to help you.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
smokymance
Commander
Commander

Post by smokymance »

Side topic about the corsa actuators: do you guys get a rattle from the actuators at idle ,the cross bars from the solenoid to the valve arm?

If I grab the two bars or open up the actuators, they quiet down. The rods and bars seem to have so much play on them, they rattle pretty good. My boots also deteriorated, so right now i am running bootless, not sure if they help with them dancing around.
2003 Cobalt 263 8.1L GXi
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

I do. Have had that since new.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )