Best Aftermarket Bimini

Dudley67
Captain
Captain

Best Aftermarket Bimini

Post by Dudley67 »

Hey all,

Have been doing some research and trying to narrow the broad spectrum of a Bimini Top..... Opinions?!?! Currently we have a factory convertible top that the 226 came with (recent boat upgrade). I really love the Bimini, my 07 252 was great in the Florida sun.

Who has some good options or knows of the better made ones? Looking for Stainless rear support legs, looking to get as close to OEM as possible. Not even sure Cobalt would have this in the warehouse anymore..

As always, appreciate the knowledge and feedback..

8-)
Current:

2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”

1975 18TH
“Phoenix”

Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
Jays_Truck
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Best Aftermarket Bimini

Post by Jays_Truck »

I am in the same position you are with my 2000 226. It also came with the factory convertible top but I want to get a bimini top for it. One of the windshield mounts was broken from the previous owner so I want a custom that mounts to the gunwale of the boat. I am currently trying to decide if there is enough room on the inside of the windshield to mount an Accon quick release deck mount or if I need place it on the outside of the windshield so I can still use my cockpit tonneau cover with the top folded up. I talked with Andrew at northstar products and they have a lot of options for different sized bimini tops and can even modify the height of some of their tops for a more custom look. They also have options for stainless front and rear supports.

If you do find a factory looking top you can always add supports to it. Sailrite sells everything to build or repair bimini tops so they might be an option if you find a deal on a factory(ish) top but it doesn't come with everything you want it to have.

Has anybody ever got a top from Northstar products? They use 7/8" stainless steel and they do use sunbrella as a fabric supplier.

Not trying to hijack your thread but I have been having some of the same questions as your are.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Jays_Truck wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:32 am I am in the same position you are with my 2000 226. It also came with the factory convertible top but I want to get a bimini top for it. One of the windshield mounts was broken from the previous owner so I want a custom that mounts to the gunwale of the boat. I am currently trying to decide if there is enough room on the inside of the windshield to mount an Accon quick release deck mount or if I need place it on the outside of the windshield so I can still use my cockpit tonneau cover with the top folded up. I talked with Andrew at northstar products and they have a lot of options for different sized bimini tops and can even modify the height of some of their tops for a more custom look. They also have options for stainless front and rear supports.

If you do find a factory looking top you can always add supports to it. Sailrite sells everything to build or repair bimini tops so they might be an option if you find a deal on a factory(ish) top but it doesn't come with everything you want it to have.

Has anybody ever got a top from Northstar products? They use 7/8" stainless steel and they do use sunbrella as a fabric supplier.

Not trying to hijack your thread but I have been having some of the same questions as your are.
Hey J_t. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Taylor Made is the go to top manufacturer for Cobalt. Their website is here.

They have a top quality product.

Any pics of your Cobalt?

Again welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Jays_Truck
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jays_Truck »

Just got it a month ago. Cant wait till the weekend so we can put some hours on it. Image
2000-226.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dudley67
Captain
Captain

Post by Dudley67 »

Hey Jays_Truck no worries more info the better, sweet looking 226. Let me know what you decide, still researching on my end.
Current:

2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”

1975 18TH
“Phoenix”

Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

I have a Carver stainless top on mine. Works well.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Dudley67
Captain
Captain

Post by Dudley67 »

Thunder,

Does yours have the aft support poles? Not the strap style?

Thanks
Current:

2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”

1975 18TH
“Phoenix”

Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
skno
Commander
Commander

Post by skno »

I have a North star
All acccon mounts front outside the windshield and the rear fit just inside the windshield
All stainless with stainless rear supports it is well made
skno
Commander
Commander

Post by skno »

Pics