2019 Cobalt 25SC design issues

akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2019 Cobalt 25SC design issues

Post by akorcovelos »

I had a similar problem on my old boat, not what you want to hear but I ditched the conventional bimini and got a permanent one that didn't catch rain, even in hard downpours.
43085696_2435301886496853_5792269526192095232_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
billchips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by billchips »

Hi Billchips here. I'm the one with the roof issues holding water. I have been away from the site for awhile, but did just see all your replies and thank you for them. The tower shown in that last photo is not the one I have. Probably not that popular of a top due to it's high costs. This structure is permanently mounted. It does not tilt or lower. The Sunbrella fabric is zippered to itself in the front, then flaps along side and rear pull down and up back up onto Velcro on the under side of the top. The smaller slide out sunshade holds it's own water when open or catches what drains thru from the larger one when closed. Basically there is not enough pitch of the structure to allow runoff.
Some suggest parking under a canopy. I have one while in Florida, but when back at our condo lake cottage in NH, I don't have that luxury.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kate
Captain
Captain

Post by Kate »

billchips wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:37 am Basically there is not enough pitch of the structure to allow runoff.
Not a structural solution, but you might try wicking. A loosely wound cotton rope or towel works. The technique is used to deal with ponding on flat roofs.